Brown trout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first ever West Virginia Brown trout. Caught on a stimulater dry fly at Dunloup creek, West Virginia. My son in law caught one 14" and another little one. I caught a couple more small browns and one 12" rainbow.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_100_0007.jpg

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice! Trout fishing is by far my favorite kind of fishing... Even above the deep-sea fishing I've done. Just something about being in a stream and placing working to place that fly in the precise spot you think the fish are. Love it.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Tulsaflyfishers.org. We meet once a month. Just a bunch of good guys getting together to swap techniques, tips, tricks etc. There is usually a group outing every month as well. PM me if you want any more info about the club. We're always excited to have new people, and you don't have to be a member to come.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elk river in Missouri?
Thats a lot of browns!
In West Virginia. Spring fed river, 48 degrees. Very beautiful and clear water. Lots off fishy looking places. I fished the head waters where the river begins and didn't even get to fish it all. I did alot of walking which wears me out, most of it was in the water and on a very rocky bottom. I wish we had waters like that in Oklahoma. I had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there and almost half of that was thru the mountains. None of those browns were very big so no fish pictures, maybe 10" was the biggest. I did see some big ones swimming around.
I'll have to resize some of the pictures but will post some later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom