Buck Mark For Cheap Plinker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my Buckmark camper from OAS about 15years ago for $186. It was a heck of a good bargain.

That's where I bought mine also.
But about 10 years earlier and a good bit cheaper.:hey3:
One of the best investments I've ever made.
I really have no idea how many rounds have gone thru it.
But it is a really large number.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the basic Buck Mark model. Great fun to shoot, and cheap. It was tack-driver accurate straight out of the box.

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my Buckmark 5.5" 12 years ago, let me say this: If Obama took all my guns but only one of my choosing - My Buckmark would be the last one I give up.

Fantastic creek gun. Take it canoeing, camping, etc. If it gets wet, just clean it up.

My one gripe: I wish the rear sights were closer together. There is too much room on the sides when you line up the front sight. My cousin's Ruger Mk3 sights are much 'finer' in that regard. But I can buy new fiber optic sights for $50 sometime.

But, yes, buy a Buckmark. Easy to take down and clean (thinking about cleaning a Ruger give sme chills)
If you can afford a longer barrell than the 5.5", get one. It will be that much more accurate with a longer sight radius.

Reaction score
No news here- Browning and Ruger are the only ones at the head of the class.

Yes, and the Browning is ahead of the Ruger by far. Much nicer looking, more ergo grip angle, and most importantly much much much easier to take down and re-assemble. Not to mention that the Buckmark is made by the company that does NOT do more to destroy your gun rights before 9am than the Brady Bunch does all day. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom