bug out/in situation what kind of flashlight do you prefer? Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rechargeable or just batteries

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you and will always keep a supply of Panasonic CR123's on hand from battery junction, but so far I've had excellent luck with the 18650 Li-Ion rechargeables I got from Lumaforce. They specifically call for them over the CR123's for Cree XML LED. So far, they seem to outlast the CR123's and I've had one sit for up to 6 months with no appreciable loss of charge. I tend to use three lights daily, this one, a Fenix LD-10 and a Terralux LED, both of which use Energizer rechargeables. I rely on rechargeables for my everyday use lights, or my monthly battery bill would be staggering! :)

Yeah the lights that will take rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are great, but two of mine specifically say not to use RCR123As or 16340s (my Nitecore EX11 and my Jetbeam BC10). All of my others will take either rechargeables or standard 123As. I've thought about picking up the charger and batteries to try them out. I might have to if they outlast the 123As.

Latest posts

Top Bottom