Cabelas vs Bass Pro gripe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I got to cabelas to pick up some pmags and every peg is empty. I ended up getting something else and I'm at the register. I tell the guy that I came in looking for pmags but they are all gone. He proceeds to tell me that they are getting some complaints that items aren't on the the shelf. He then gives me an example of a certain xbow that people are asking about. The inventory shows they have a few hundred at the distribution center but they are not getting any and that BP has plenty of them.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like someone at the "Distribution" center needs to be fired. Its been 2 years since the merger right? You would think they would have sales patterns and locations down to figure out the correct distro

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Unless~they are trying to get folks to go to BP for whatever reason.
The employee 'implied' that this was the talk around cabelas.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question, best I can come up with is- my one track mind was busy!
me too, I saw a table with windowed pmags for $10 each, and I did not buy them. I should of gotten some CCI primers and a couple of other gun parts, but I was doing one thing, trying to sale a pistol.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First problem was that you stepped foot in Cabelas or Bass Pro IMO. But yeah, probably trying to funnel people to BassPro where they should hand you KY at the door.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been in Cabelas one time and that was just to browse.
About a year ago I was shopping some gun tools at Bass Pro in BA. Bass Pro was much higher than online prices and Sports World which I had shopped earlier that day. I asked an employee if BP prices matches. He said yes, but must be a local business and proof of price. Then I saw some Ruger BX 15 magazines that I like hanging on the rack with the 25s, so I asked for a price check. The clerk told me the price and I commented that that is about $10 too high. The clerk says to me "we have a lot of good customers that like what we offer." I set down in front of him the items I was holding and walked out of the store.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy from Cabelas and BP on occasion when in OKC or Tulsa.
Living in a one horse town with only a walmart that has one 10' aisle dedicated to gun stuff and it's shotshells for 50% of that space with $40 tasco scopes occupying 50% of the rest of the space leaves only some space for blackhawk AR accessories.
The ammo counter is nothing but low velocity and junk ammo that nobody buys.
I buy because I need it in short order, and I'm there.
Otherwise buy online.
I don't think the M&P 4 1/2" 9mm I bought for $299 at cabelas was unreasonable. I've never seen it cheaper anywhere else.
My Lowrance HDS 9 with touch screen and side finder was the same price as online. When the sidefinder transducer went belly up on the left side, the staff at the OKC store personally helped me get a warranty return. I had to do nothing. they took care of all of it. I just had to bring it in for the exchange.
The Carnivore meat grinder series cabelas offers are beasts in the meat grinding world and priced right on sale, compared to some of the national brands.
I lol at some of the prices, but walking though the tackle section, I've seen some lures that I've not seen anywhere else. I'm sure they are out there, but there they are.
I can save a buck online, but what's a buck? I piss that out every time I have a beer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom