CAIR Suing Oklahoma Over Sharia Law Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they can observe Sharia Law then we might as well have a law that says we can change the laws to suit each of us.

Anyone would like to set up a set of laws that protect them against anyone else and allow them to do whatever they wanted to do but that just destroyes the American ideals of everyone living under the same rules.

I said it many times before that specifically referencing Sharia Law would be the problem with SQ755 (along with being too broad and reaching into areas other than cultural defenses).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the text of the state questions?

They were absolutely idiotic. They didn't really say anything at all and to be honest, 755 didn't even mean anything because there is no real precedence of international law being cited in criminal court if it wasn't already an established local/state/federal law and actually being taken seriously.

Civil court system aside (because apparently, nothing in the way of rules matters in civil court), this state question was stupid. The wording of most of the state questions (if you actually read the state questions in their entirety, they say things like "this must happen... unless it can't, in which case, it doesn't have to, or some other thing can happen".

Check out even the short-wording of 746 (proof of ID when voting):

This measure amends statues relating to voting requirements. It requires that each person appearing to vote present a document proving their identity. The document must meet the following requirements. It must have the name and photograph of the voter. It must have been issued by the federal, state or tribal government. It must have an expiration date that is after the date of the election. No expiration date would be required on certain identity cards issued to person 65 years of age or older.

In lieu of such a document, voters could present voter identification cards issued by the County Election Board.

A person who cannot or does not present the required identification may sign a sworn statement and cast a provisional ballot. Swearing to a false statement would be a felony.

So basically, you have to have proof of ID with an expiration date. Or if you don't, a voter ID card. Or if you don't, you can make a sworn statement (don't lie, or its a felony).

Several state questions were written like that.

Awesome job State legislators.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just more proof that the guys who say they are trying to convert every country in the world to an islamic state aren't really that crazy.

The law passing was a major block against them getting their really stable foothold here. I'm willing to bet this thing gets fought tooth and nail until some group of political weasels crack and give in to their demands.

Come on, do you really believe that? An Islamic stronghold in Oklahoma? With or without 755, that ain't ever, ever, ever gonna happen.

BTW, did you all know Oklahoma has a huge Christian Lebanese population that has been here before statehood?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well thought some might find this interesting. The religion of peace appears not to understand the American voting process. People vote not to have outside influence in determining American legal processes and the muslims just don't seem to get it. Makes me wish if they want this kind of crap they would get the hell back to where they can have it and leave America alone. For all the wonderful muslims who want to change America to be like Afghanistan this pork is for you.:spaghetti:

National press doesn't seem to see it as news worthy. Not even drudge. They better wake up a smell the coffee.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So basically, you have to have proof of ID with an expiration date. Or if you don't, a voter ID card. Or if you don't, you can make a sworn statement (don't lie, or its a felony).

Several state questions were written like that.

Awesome job State legislators.

With either of the latter two, you will only get to cast a provisional ballot. A provisional ballot is not counted pending further investigation by the County Election Board.

ETA: I'm expecting someone to eventually sue under Article III Section 5 of the Oklahoma Constitution.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on, do you really believe that? An Islamic stronghold in Oklahoma? With or without 755, that ain't ever, ever, ever gonna happen.

BTW, did you all know Oklahoma has a huge Christian Lebanese population that has been here before statehood?

I know, I dated a couple of Lebanese ladies when I was younger. They were REALLY good looking. (But REALLY crazy, too.)

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hey I'm not saying its CURRENTLY feasible. But this isn't a short term goal oriented group. This has been an ongoing thing for centuries. There is a large portion of the global Muslim community that believes in eventually converting the whole world to Islamic religious-political rule. Some try to do it through violence and war, others are more subtle and patient.

Converting countries like ours take time, one court battle here, a law there, get a politician in right here. Its a slow process but in the long haul your chances of success are better than just trying to forcibly take over a whole country. This one law is an obvious step in the opposite direction from that goal. It may not make a difference on whether or not they can take OK but it could inspire similar steps in other states.

And yeah, knew about the Lebanese population, dated a few myself in HS. Very attractive girls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom