CAIR Suing Oklahoma Over Sharia Law Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey I'm not saying its CURRENTLY feasible. But this isn't a short term goal oriented group. This has been an ongoing thing for centuries. There is a large portion of the global Muslim community that believes in eventually converting the whole world to Islamic religious-political rule. Some try to do it through violence and war, others are more subtle and patient.

Converting countries like ours take time, one court battle here, a law there, get a politician in right here. Its a slow process but in the long haul your chances of success are better than just trying to forcibly take over a whole country. This one law is an obvious step in the opposite direction from that goal. It may not make a difference on whether or not they can take OK but it could inspire similar steps in other states.

How is that different from other major religions?

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lawsuit obviously shouldn't surprise anyone. If 755 gets struck down due to the law being unconstitutional we shouldn't be mad at CAIR, we should be mad at our legislature for writing an unconstitutional law in the first place.

On a related note. I have seen that some old professor at TU is already filing suit against the English as the official state language law. Kinda surprising because it really didn't seem like he would care that much.

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How is that different from other major religions?

The first things that come to mind are:

• Other religions won't kill you if you don't conform to their beliefs.
  • Other religions don't believe in such things as "honor killings".
  • Other religions don't condone marrying a child, and one that has yet to hit puberty.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first things that come to mind are:

• Other religions won't kill you if you don't conform to their beliefs.
  • Other religions don't believe in such things as "honor killings".
  • Other religions don't condone marrying a child, and one that has yet to hit puberty.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what the Old Testament or the Quraan says (I'm an old-school Lutheran and I've got two copies of the Quraan here - I debate religion with folks of all beliefs on a regular basis and it honestly surprises me the rubbish that people spew about other religions that is completely not true - as well as most Christians' absolute lack of knowledge in what our own Bible says).

Several things can be taken out of context - if the radical Muslims are taking things out of context, it makes them no more "mainstream Muslims" than it makes idiots in the Westboro Baptist Church "mainstream Christians".

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Spoken like someone who has no idea what the Old Testament or the Quraan says (I'm an old-school Lutheran and I've got two copies of the Quraan here - I debate religion with folks of all beliefs on a regular basis and it honestly surprises me the rubbish that people spew about other religions that is completely not true - as well as most Christians' absolute lack of knowledge in what our own Bible says).

Several things can be taken out of context - if the radical Muslims are taking things out of context, it makes them no more "mainstream Muslims" than it makes idiots in the Westboro Baptist Church "mainstream Christians".

Point taken but, I digress.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the text of the state questions?

They were absolutely idiotic. They didn't really say anything at all .........

Many state questions are written with no intention other than getting people to the polls. Take the leagalization of marijuana put on the CA. state ballot by the Dems, they knew it wouldn't pass, but it got the people (they wanted) to the polls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom