CAIR Suing Oklahoma Over Sharia Law Ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me ask this: If the law were written without expressly pointing out Sharia Law, could it stand?

I think it should - more importantly due to EU/UN crap than Sharia law - that should be the real concern among the States when considering Federal fingers reaching into our business.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
755 didn't even mean anything because there is no real precedence of international law being cited in criminal court if it wasn't already an established local/state/federal law and actually being taken seriously.
Roper v. Simmons, 543 U.S. 5500, cited international law in holding capital punishment applied to minors unconstitutional; Graham v. Florida, 560 U. S. ____, did the same, saying:

But “ ‘[t]he climate of international opinion concerning the acceptability of a particular punishment’ ” is also “ ‘not irrelevant.’ ” Enmund , 458 U. S., at 796, n. 22. The Court has looked beyond our Nation’s borders for support for its independent conclusion that a particular punishment is cruel and unusual.

Now, clearly 755 was meant to be slap in the face to Islam, and it may well get struck down because of the language concerning Sharia law. Had the authors stuck with the first half, though, they would have been addressing something that does happen, however infrequently.

'Course, the entire American legal system* is based on English law, so if we can't look outside our borders, things get interesting.

* Louisiana has a healthy dose of French legal theory, being, as it was, a French colony.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several things can be taken out of context - if the radical Muslims are taking things out of context, it makes them no more "mainstream Muslims" than it makes idiots in the Westboro Baptist Church "mainstream Christians".

This.

Would a reasonable man not condemn the bombing of abortion centers or public assassination of abortion doctors as terrorism?

I've said it on here before. I am a Christian, and I am fairly active in my church. But I also know to do my own research and not take a pastor's word as gospel. From my perspective, it seems that the younger the pastor, the more willing they are to push a political agenda. In fact, I've heard more than a few talk about supporting freedom, liberty, and anything to stop abortion/gambling/drugs/alcohol/premarital sex/dancing/etc. (Okay, maybe not the dancing part... but I'm also a Baptist and can make Baptist jokes.)

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does CAIR care about this law, they didn't have any future plans here, or any other part of the U.S. did they?

Asking why they care is like asking why the ACLU cares or Jay Sekelow's organization (the CBN legal guru) cares....they are all Americans who want to put forth their agenda.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is that different from other major religions?

Its not really. The ideology is pretty much the same. Its just that there are alot more of the Muslim extremist groups that are actively working towards that goal than most other religions. And they tend to be oraganized and able enough to carry out larger scale violence and political missions.

The religion is the same, just more people who are more dedicated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom