Can we discuss buying Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am always looking at ways to make money and had a friend recommend I invest in silver since its "at a 5 year low" and "if the US dollar collapses it will go sky high" so I have been checking into it and decided to post my thoughts:

Looking at a chart from an investment standpoint I see that it hung around the $5-$8 range for a long time with major spikes in 1980 (Hunt brothers bubble) and 2011 (world economy scare). Zoom in to a 6 month timeline and it is a pretty obvious trend...dropping like a rock. Right now it sure looks like a loser and a bad time to buy. News could hit tomorrow that would cause it to jump back up to $50 but im not going to bet on that. once it drops under $10 I may look into it some more but for now I would say no.

Looking at it from the prepper point of view I think it would be an excellent thing to have for barter. not EVERYONE will want to trade for .22 bullets and 10 lb of silver wont break the bank no matter the value. but yea I aint buying any lol.
When it hits bottom, you can make silver bullets out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom