Can we not eradicate Cedar Trees?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John R. Reist

Marksman
Reaction score
If we cant, why not?
My allergies are horrible and I know most people have problems on some level from Cedar Pollen. Why cant we eradicate this worthless tree. They go up in flames like gasoline on a stick when fires get going and they spread like a weed, sucking up water that needs to go to the pasture grass.
They serve no purpose that I can see.
For the first time in I don't know how many years I've had allergy's plaguing me too this week. And I'm sure it's those cedar trees. I already hated them from my experiences dealing with them on field edges while fixing fence and seeing how much water they suck from around them. After this week I'm with you I want to kill every cedar tree I see.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we cant, why not?
My allergies are horrible and I know most people have problems on some level from Cedar Pollen. Why cant we eradicate this worthless tree. They go up in flames like gasoline on a stick when fires get going and they spread like a weed, sucking up water that needs to go to the pasture grass.
They serve no purpose that I can see.
Actually Jason Abrams of the Abrams Mendota Ranch has invented something that can be shot out of a paintball gun that kills them.

xtremerange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are not native to Oklahoma and are very evasive. I am highly allergic to them. I ran fever for 2 days last week(cedar fever). Gets me every year. I hate those things.
Just to point out something that is amusing and not anything personal...

I think the trees are invasive and not evasive. Evasive trees would be impressive. 😁

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of today. My brother and myself will inherit a few acres that have the damn things scattered on them. Some of the parcels of land have sat for 10-15 years and will need them pulled or dozered.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That article is almost a year old, I wonder where this ended up last year?
It’s still alive. It’s someones pet project of mainly, from what was unofficially said within conservation districts, to eliminate cedars from OKC back to the west where it’s water supply comes from.

We get calls from producers saying they heard there’s a cedar removal program but this is what they’re asking about. They say oh it’s state wide, not at this time it’s not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom