Can you carry a handgun while fishing/hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go fishing quite often with my uncle and I wondering if its legal to carry my handgun w/o CCW permit. Of course im not carrying the weapon to fend of BGs but for critters, cayotes, etc.

(Please say its legal because I found a sweet camo holster on ebay lol)

Unless its your land or your family land. You better have a hunting license in your pocket. You pop a coyote, skunk, snake or something you need it or get a ticket.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless its your land or your family land. You better have a hunting license in your pocket. You pop a coyote, skunk, snake or something you need it or get a ticket.

Im assuming this applies for all private property but just in case it applies for a friends private property as well?

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not if it is at a state park, such as Lake Thunderbird, if you on on the property even if you have a CCW you can't carry at all

Absolutely False!

TITLE 21 § 1277. Unlawful carry in certain places

UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES

A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to
the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following
places:

1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or
federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative
members, or any other elected or appointed officials;

3. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons,
prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;

4. Any elementary or secondary school, or technology center school property;

5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;

6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and

7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not
include and specifically excludes the following property:

1. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town,
county, state, or federal governmental authority,

2. Any property set aside for the use of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by any entity
offering any professional sporting event which is open to the public for admission, or by any entity
engaged in pari-mutuel wagering authorized by law,

3. Any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are
prohibited by the provisions of this section, and

4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park,
recreational area, or fairgrounds
; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize
any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office
space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's in the SDA manual, or you can google Oklahoma SDA and it's there.

This stuff isn't difficult to find, so there really is no excuse for people giving completely incorrect answers to these types of questions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom