Car Crashes Into OSU Homecoming Parade, At Least Two Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Subsequent tweet said this was spam and was not true. Sad that anyone would use this as an attention stunt. Sheesh

Well, crap -- bought into good news too soon, again. So wanted something good to come out of this tragedy. I'm not on Twitter and I'm beginning to question the value of Facebook with such shenanigans.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, crap -- bought into good news too soon, again. So wanted something good to come out of this tragedy. I'm not on Twitter and I'm beginning to question the value to Facebook with such shenanigans.
There is no value of Facebook. It is something for people to waste away their lives with. And let everyone know every little thing they are doing. I have more important things to do with my life. But it's pretty disgusting that someone would lie about something that serious. Sick freaks in this world for sure.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no value of Facebook. It is something for people to waste away their lives with. And let everyone know every little thing they are doing. I have more important things to do with my life.

Exactly!! You really should feel superior..... posting on a discussion board......

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no value of Facebook. It is something for people to waste away their lives with. And let everyone know every little thing they are doing. I have more important things to do with my life. But it's pretty disgusting that someone would lie about something that serious. Sick freaks in this world for sure.

Like hanging out on forums? You think there is anything different? I see the same mob mentality behavior here that I see on other social media outlets...

Exactly!! You really should feel superior..... posting on a discussion board......

BINGO!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was obvious from the git go she wasn't wasted (on alcohol). It was also pretty obvious it was intentional. Even if she was on some substance or another, the ***** clearly still did it on purpose.

Diabetic excuse seems like a straw her attorney shouldn't be grasping for. And he seems to be grasping at several.

As far as the Jesus Heart Transplant Meme, middle aged evangelical women love to share crap like that on Facebook. That and crosses made from mangled telephone poles, and God's fuzzy hands photoshopped into the clouds, etc. If there's not order in a chaotic world, gimme me a minute to make a fake meme that restores it. Now we can sleep. Hell there have been several books and movies about toddlers talking to god and going on tours of heaven. Toddlers. Have you ever talked to a toddler?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Speak for yourself on how Facebook gets used. I don't do "check-ins" or post every little thing I'm doing because I value a certain amount of privacy. And I can generally sniff out the stupid scams and click-bait. I do enjoy seeing stuff about my grandchildren, other family members, and friends that are now some distance away.

Sorry, OT - back to serious stuff.

I'm very pleased with the way Stillwater PD is handling their business in this and communicating with the public. I think it's vital to helping the community overcome the grief from a senseless act. The spokesman, Kyle Gibbs, is married to a woman who was a couple of years behind me in a small high school in the 70s. I've enjoyed seeing the obviously proud posts on Facebook about him.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched her attorney trying to plant every seed of doubt he can to justify this. Say she is mentally unstable. So what difference does that make? Don't they have to be criminally insane to get off on an insanity plea? She might have problems, but I doubt if she's insane. Defense attorneys tried to make that CO shooter appear insane. We know he was Bat-$%!t crazy, but he was found to be sane. I don't imagine she'll get out of this one...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The heart donation is in fact, made up. what kind of animal does that?

As for alcohol, no, but the DUI charge is sticking, so they have good evidence it is drugs. Also, I believe she intentionally crashed the parade, and it looks like the DA does to, as she has been charged with 4 counts of 2nd degree murder.

The manager of the restaurant is going to get himself fired. He told one reporter to talk to HQ, told another she was fired, and told another that she was an employee in good standing and had been sent home for being tired. I highly doubt the store would send an employee home for being tired on the single busiest day in Stillwater. That place was packed after the game, I am sure it was busy all day.

Lots of misinformation floating around out there. Obviously the DA is of the mindset that this was not an accident, rather and overt act to harm. Her own lawyer admitted she was suicidal at the time of the accident. He is trying to create some excuses, such as mental illness (no, you don't say...), even undiagnosed diabetes. Trust me, as a diabetic, she did not pass out from low blood sugar. You don't recover from that without immediate sugar intake. She was walking just fine on her own, that simply does not happen if she had lost control. I have had my sugar crash while driving. You know when it is coming, but it happens fast. I pulled into a gas station, stumbled in and ate some candy in the aisle. It was several minutes before I could even talk. If she had been that bad, they would have been putting her on a stretcher. I realize people are different, but the fact that she was walking on her own and could speak tells me she was not having a diabetic episode, that along with the murder charges. They have preliminary tox by now, but are waiting for the forensic tests to come back to release info to the public. Also, the DA said yesterday that traffic cases have a near-immediate release of info, while criminal cases are much slower because everything has to be triple checked. That is the case now, it will be a slow, tedious process.

Agreed. I had to do a diabetic intervention one time. It's pretty serious and no way they'd be walking and talking if they were to the point they "blacked out". :(

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If she had used a gun. The prez would be talking it up. This is so sad in so many ways. I am saddened for the families of these victims. I am praying for them all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom