Car Heater Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey folks I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I have a beat up 1994 Nissan Altima . The heater worked when I got it. But it only blew on the highest setting. Then it started to act up . Went to where it would come on when I hit a bump now it does not blow and very seldom does heat come out at all. If it was summer i would not worry. But this is the only car I have to get the wife, daughter and myself around in. Seeing how I am on short term disability I can not afford much. I would be willing to make payments if someone knows how to fix it.I live in OKC . But I could travel up to about 50 miles or so to have it worked on. Thank you to all who read .

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Motor, switch, wiring, or relay.

Get a test light. Cheap is fine. Start at the fuse to make sure you are getting 12vdc through. Then check at the switch. Then check at the fan, and so on. Also, make sure it has a good ground.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is it only heat it isn't blowing or if you set it to AC or just vents with cool air does it do the same thing?
my first thought is blower motor - used one probably cost ya 20 bucks and they are just under the dash typically
Same thing if I switch to AC nothing. As far as me being able to do it , I am not able to due to an injury. I can't maneuver around to get at anything. That's why I am trying to find someone who knows something about the heating and cooling. I know the AC has a leak somewhere but I am not worried about that. I would just run around with the windows down in summer. But I need the heater working.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blower motor speeds are controlled by a resister, every speed other than high speed goes through a resister. Typically whe the resister fails you will have high speed only. Then either the blower motor fails or the resister completely burns up causing no blower speeds. My guess is going to be that you need a blower motor and blower motor speed resister, that is as long as it has not melted the connectors/wiring.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blower motor speeds are controlled by a resister, every speed other than high speed goes through a resister. Typically whe the resister fails you will have high speed only. Then either the blower motor fails or the resister completely burns up causing no blower speeds. My guess is going to be that you need a blower motor and blower motor speed resister, that is as long as it has not melted the connectors/wiring.

I think 4play just might know what he's talking about!

Latest posts

Top Bottom