careless drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGTLT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
two friends that i ride with a lot were run off the road today in nicoles hills. driver did not stop ,and a nicoles hills officer drove by them while they were picking themselves up and did not stop or even ask if they were ok while he drove by.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I deal with it all day, every day. No turn signals, big hurry to pass and slam on the brakes in front of you, too stupid to put the cell phone down for 3 seconds and see if anyone is comming before they pull out, back and forth from lane to lane in a hurry, but going nowhere . My fav. is the people that want to out run the truck to the construction zone and then cuss you because you did not slam on your brakes and let them cut you off. I will stop there, but I know what you are talking about. Someone was probably trying to finish that text message, and your friends were in the way.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I deal with it all day, every day. No turn signals, big hurry to pass and slam on the brakes in front of you, too stupid to put the cell phone down for 3 seconds and see if anyone is comming before they pull out, back and forth from lane to lane in a hurry, but going nowhere . My fav. is the people that want to out run the truck to the construction zone and then cuss you because you did not slam on your brakes and let them cut you off. I will stop there, but I know what you are talking about. Someone was probably trying to finish that text message, and your friends were in the way.

+1

I've had them try and merge into my lane and then look at me like I'm crazy. The ones on the cell phones are the scarest. Not only do they not see you, they usually never even acknowledge that they just about killed you.

Hope your friends are ok.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me, yesterday was "run the red light/4 way stop sign". In the space of 10 minutes that happened twice. I had stopped at a 4 way stop sign and was going straight when a girl on a cell phone driving an SUV ran the stop sign from my right, cutting in front of me to make a right turn while I was already half way through the intersection. The a few minutes later, a guy talking on a cell phone driving a silver Dodge dually from Texas almost hit me as I was turning left at an intersection where I had a green arrow to go up a highway entry ramp. He made the turn then hit his brakes fro some reason, almost like he was trying to cause a wreck.
It's not like I jack rabbited out of these stops, I wasn't driving aggressively, it was more like I was invisible for some reason.... at least to those talking on their cell phones.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Happens to me all the time too. Friday morning it was a grey squad car with numbers on top..
Crap happens, people don't pay attention.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work in Nichols Hills, I know exactly what you're talking about. Your friends should go file a complaint against that officer not doing his job.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a Pete from what I've heard - my brother in law plumbs and he says they don't want a service truck of any kind on the street even if you're working in the house you are parked in front of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom