careless drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a Pete from what I've heard - my brother in law plumbs and he says they don't want a service truck of any kind on the street even if you're working in the house you are parked in front of.

Its bad. Nobody wants them trucks in there until it is there house. "then its ok". I have had people stop and tell me they were calling the cops on me. I just laugh and tell them ok. I had one cop stop and block traffic, so that I could unload down there. The rest have not been so great.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never understood the concept of a neighborhood like that anyway. If you've got the scratch to buy a nice house in Nichols Hills why in the world would you do it? I'd want a decent size yard for gosh sakes, not necessarily a farm but 4 or 5 acres at least. Folks buying million dollar houses right next door to each other... I guess not everybody enjoys space to roam around and privacy.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never understood the concept of a neighborhood like that anyway. If you've got the scratch to buy a nice house in Nichols Hills why in the world would you do it? I'd want a decent size yard for gosh sakes, not necessarily a farm but 4 or 5 acres at least. Folks buying million dollar houses right next door to each other... I guess not everybody enjoys space to roam around and privacy.

You should check out Gaillardia some time. You can jump from roof to roof. I don't get it either. If I had that kind of money to spend on a house, it would be on some land away from other houses.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be a Pete from what I've heard - my brother in law plumbs and he says they don't want a service truck of any kind on the street even if you're working in the house you are parked in front of.

I don't believe that. Im doing plumbing right now and my work truck is on the street everyday with the company logo on the side, usually about 200' of 1 1/2 pipe, 100 of 3" pipe, 80' of 4" and s tick of 6" and loaded up with other stuff. Not once did the cops tell me to move it. All the electricians and Heat and air guys, we all park on the street, no issues. Maybe the house your guy works at is on the main street, I can understand that. Had the cops drive by and said nothing. The permit to work there was 800 bucks though.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at a intersection stopped at the red light and this lady in a car beside me was messing with her cell texting so while cars were crusing through the intersection a truck on the other side of the lady saw a clearing so he made a quick right turn on red. The lady just took off straight into traffic getting hammered and spun around by two cars. I can still see her eye's today as she was getting spun around they were as wide as goose eggs but the good thing is she wasn't hurt. I'm sure glad your friends are ok!

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe that. Im doing plumbing right now and my work truck is on the street everyday with the company logo on the side, usually about 200' of 1 1/2 pipe, 100 of 3" pipe, 80' of 4" and s tick of 6" and loaded up with other stuff. Not once did the cops tell me to move it. All the electricians and Heat and air guys, we all park on the street, no issues. Maybe the house your guy works at is on the main street, I can understand that. Had the cops drive by and said nothing. The permit to work there was 800 bucks though.

Hmm... I may be mixing up neighborhoods, might have been another community. He's a board member too so if he sees that I'm making stuff up I'm sure that he'll call me out on it.

On a side note what permit costs $800 bucks? Is that to build or something. Because that seems ludicrous for repairs.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm... I may be mixing up neighborhoods, might have been another community. He's a board member too so if he sees that I'm making stuff up I'm sure that he'll call me out on it.

On a side note what permit costs $800 bucks? Is that to build or something. Because that seems ludicrous for repairs.

I didn't mean to come across as you lying, I apologize. Just mean that I don't have any issues in Nichols Hills. Im not a turd hauler dude, I do all the plumbing in a house from ground up, I don't play with turds. I do service calls for that but not very often. I mainly do homes in Edmond but doing a custom in Nichols Hills. 6000sqfeet home. Everything that has water and gas in your home, I do. I run all the waste pipes, water lines, gas lines to FAUs, irrigation loops, stuff like that. That's what the permit is for, don't need a permit for service calls.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No apology necessary, i don't get real chippy about that sort of thing and I wasn't speaking the "hand on the Bible" kind of truth, it was just a "this is what I heard" kind of statement. And now that you've made me second guess myself and think about it, I am tempted to agree with you because I think this was the same place that they didn't want you driving on the regular streets at all and they had service entrances so it must have been some fancy schmancy gated community seeing how Nichols Hills doesn't have "entrances" per say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom