Carry at Fairgrounds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard597

Marksman
Reaction score
I attended the State Fair three or four years ago and left my gun in the car. I have a Texas CHL. While walking through the gate I saw two OKC police officers and asked them if it was legal to carry at the Fair with a Texas CHL.

Neither one knew if I could or not, but said they did not have a problem with it and, by the way, what kind do you have?

Nice conversation, but no real answer.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

I've always understood this to mean doing Government business. That would make most structures at fairs or parks ok for concealed carry. I have had LEO's tell me that under that clause rest rooms in parks are off limits though.
Untill we have actual case law there will be the possibility for abuse.

Michael

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's common knowledge that doing business with the government is (ahem) often frustrating, hence no guns allowed in that circumstance. There's no business between me and the county in the fair's cow barn. Visiting with county commissioners at the Democratic Party Tent? Different story...

Latest posts

Top Bottom