Carrying a revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of a segue, didn't think it deserved its own thread. I saw a Charter Bulldog yesterday, Im unsure how long it's been in production.
It was a shrouded hammer 44 special. I kept thinking, for that price, it would be an excellent woods gun at way under the price of a Smith.
MSRP is 450.
View attachment 231360
That’s a good looking revolver, and a heck of a lot less than I paid for the Smith 329 NG. :ooh2:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those that carry a revolver might enjoy some of the work written by Claude Werner.

https://tacticalprofessor.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/tac-5-year-w-tables.pdf
Reloading was required in only 3 incidents. One of those involved killing an escaped lion with a .32 caliber revolver, which was eventually successful after 13 shots.

Going off of statistics, there’s a 80% chance that the lion was commiting an armed robbery or home invasion at a persons home or place of business. What a wild world we live in.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To keep from starting a new thread, I’m going to ask here. I’m really on a revolver kick, am shooting them a lot, and carrying one exclusively. I’ve been reading about wadcutters for personal defense, and the proponents make a good argument.
Does anyone here WHO CARRIES A REVOLVER do so with wadcutters?
0FF4EBA6-5C80-4548-BB16-49B0B263BB8C.jpeg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
To keep from starting a new thread, I’m going to ask here. I’m really on a revolver kick, am shooting them a lot, and carrying one exclusively. I’ve been reading about wadcutters for personal defense, and the proponents make a good argument.
View attachment 247850

no. When I carry a revolver I carry the Hornady critical defense stuff.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 247850
Yes, in my snubbies. Barrels 4"+ get Speer Gold Dots or Winchester Rangers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom