CC with LCP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the CC scene but not to guns. I finished up my class a few weeks ago and decided to pick up the Ruger LCP. I've been looking at holsters forever online reading reviews and a few in stores. Though I've never carried I'm thinking I want to try and pocket carry with the LCP. Any suggestions? I've checked out DeSantis Nemesis or Trickster and heard good things about the Nemesis. I'm somewhat lenient on sitting on the gun if I carry in by back pocket but I'm willing to give it a go. Does anyone else back pocket carry? Any problems from it?

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of your pocket holsters ( Nemesis for example ) are designed for front pocket carry. So when looking at pocket holsters keep that in mind.

They have the beveled edge on the front of the holster to create a more natural line in your pocket to add comfort and to keep it from printing.

I don't own an LCP, but I do pocket carry a .38 sometimes. But a lot of the principles are the same.

Some things to think about...

Front pocket carry with your dominant hand puts your hand in a natural position to draw. Back pocket carry will require you to rotate your wrist to draw.

Back pockets are almost always tighter then front pockets. So its going to make it a little bit more complicated to reach it and safely draw your pistol from the holster.

You should also consider that it will be a lot more difficult to reholster your gun in a rear pocket. Being able to safely and quickly reholster is an often forgotten requirement for a holster. You don't want a holster solution that will require you to remove the holster for reholstering or worse, require you to fumble around with your gun.

Back pockets will tighten up more when you move, which may increase the likelihood of your gun / holster printing through your jeans.

You should also consider what is going to be the quickest solution that you can safely draw from.

My two cents is this, buy both the holsters you mentioned, and practice with them both. That being said, I think you will probably wind up on front pocket carry.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Get the desantis, inexpensive and does a great job. The lcp is very easy to carry in the front pocket.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai30.tinypic.com_xbl9ci.jpg

Black leather holster,

LCP fires from holster, holster fits in back pocket.

Holster at Mark's Firearms $39.95

LCP's also at Mark's Firearms

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Nemesis - I use it for mainly front pocket carry - but if I use it wearing jeans it will fit in the back pocket.

But front pocket is definitely way way better than back pocket carry

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys ill definitely put an order in for the nemesis and go check out the holster nighthawk posted (i've seen it online somewhere too but forgot price). does anyone actually sit on it when the pocket carry? i tested it out around the house and its pretty annoying. I'd hate to walk into a chili's and sit down on a loaded gun and something bad happen. Any chance of that?

Jholmes

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ai30.tinypic.com_xbl9ci.jpg

Black leather holster,

LCP fires from holster, holster fits in back pocket.

Holster at Mark's Firearms $39.95

LCP's also at Mark's Firearms

I use this holster for my LCP. It works GREAT!! No problem carrying in my back Pocket. Functions perfectly when shooting in the holster and the holster actually improves your grip on the gun.:thumbup3::thumbup3:

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well a holster should ideally protect the trigger ( sorry Nighthawk ) and should eliminate most the situations where you could suffer an accidental discharge.

You don't want anything loose in your pocket getting in the trigger, and you want the holster to provide some protection from objects outside your pocket applying pressure to the trigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom