CCL Sign Language?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is wrong. You can match force with anyone in defense of anyone in OK.

No, it is not wrong. If the force is not threatening you, you cannot defend. It has to be your life in danger or a family member. Now, if you choose to put your life in front of say, the bg waving the gun, then yes you can defend yourself. But if you walk in on a guy holding up a conveniance store and pop him in the back of the head, you go to jail.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it is not wrong. If the force is not threatening you, you cannot defend. It has to be your life in danger or a family member or an employee. Now, if you choose to put your life in front of say, the bg waving the gun, then yes you can defend yourself. But if you walk in on a guy holding up a conveniance store and pop him in the back of the head, you go to jail.

fixed that for ya

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it is not wrong. If the force is not threatening you, you cannot defend. It has to be your life in danger or a family member. Now, if you choose to put your life in front of say, the bg waving the gun, then yes you can defend yourself. But if you walk in on a guy holding up a conveniance store and pop him in the back of the head, you go to jail.

if I walk into a place and somebody is holding others at gun point I sure as **** would feel like I am in danger or threatened to the point of necessity. I don't know many people who wouldn't feel that way.

1) bad guy is holding up store with firearm
2) I walk into store and see said gun in possession of BG
3) I am now in potential danger
4) I escape situation and report to authorities if possible
5) if not I protect myself from potential danger however necessary

I could be wrong in my thought process - but that is my thoughts on it.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it is not wrong. If the force is not threatening you, you cannot defend. It has to be your life in danger or a family member. Now, if you choose to put your life in front of say, the bg waving the gun, then yes you can defend yourself. But if you walk in on a guy holding up a convenience store and pop him in the back of the head, you go to jail.

In a situation like this it really can come down to how you explain/defend your actions. This is why you don't make a statement to police until you've spoken with your attorney who will be able to help you more eloquently and accurately tell your side of the story. And don't ever talk to the media at all.

And back on topic...

I think a concealed carry gang sign is a great idea. How about the universal finger and thumb gun sign, except you put it in your pocket???

Bryan

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about "stopping the commission of a felony" that I hear people say is reason to use your weapon

If you see a felony in progress, go to a safe place and dial 9-1-1.

DO NOT engage the bad guy. If he sees you and directs his attention towards you, that's one thing. But if you are outside of said establishment where the felony is being comitted, you have no authority as a citizen with an SDA card and your handy, dandy blaster to try to stop that crime in any way, shape or form.

Get to safety and call the professionals. Then, give a statement to the police, identifying the BG and what was happening.

Dead heros make lousy witnesses. :disappoin

MiKelly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or this:

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ProductImageGallery.asp?ProductID=1774&Page=3

[Broken External Image]
awww.onesourcetactical.com_ProductImages_011_11.JPG

That is obviously edited photo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom