CCW: Printing and Accidental Exposure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rarely does anyone even notice.

Here in Kansas City the cops don't even seem to notice.

I did get made in OKC about ten years ago when I ran out for a quick errand and threw a 4 inch K-Frame in my hip pocket. Had part of the grip sticking out. One person actually noticed and commented. I just smiled and was gone in a flash.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be a tad off topic, but just had to share.
I was expecting a gun sale in my garage this afternoon, so I had my Beretta 90-two .40 strapped open carry on my side. I was in my driveway, helping my son on his electric 4 wheeler, and a BA LEO drove by, he looked, and waved. No way he could have missed that SEXY black piece of iron.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is printing illegal when measured against the letter of the law?

In my opinion, you'd have to be printing to the point of it being shaped like a gun before its actually a crime. People carry all sorts of stuff on their belts.

If I'm ever in coming back from the gym in athletic shorts and have to run into a store or something, I just clip the J-frame IWB to my waistband under a T-shirt - if it looks like a lump, then so be it - I usually have my wallet folded over the waist-line of my shorts on the other side, and sometimes my cell-phone clipped on there too - so I'm printing a bunch of things, none of which look like a gun.

If its obvious, then its obvious, but with most IWB holsters, it doesn't look much like a gun at all.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of it also depends on where you are and how you are dressed.
Dressed in a suit and tie, clean shaven,short hair at a store or resturant with a Glock in a high ride belt holster.
The public will assume your a cop an probably never say a word.
Dressed like a wino in dirty work clothes/unshaven and they will call the cops if they just see a bulge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom