Cellular Trail Cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at getting one this year. In the past they have been pretty expensive but prices have come down some. The other day I saw that Spypoint now has an entry level cam for $150. Has a 2 year warranty.

Everyone's thoughts? Suggestions?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do your homework. All game cameras aren’t created equal. I’ve been using HCO which is now Spartan for 10 years, and they’ve been great. They’re going to cost about 3x what that Spypoint will, but I believe you get what you pay for.

If you’re serious, I know where a used Spartan can be had for the same $150. I’m trying hard to talk myself out of buying it.

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a Spypoint Link around Christmas. Could be the same entry level one you are looking at. I had issues with it not sending pics to my phone the first few days but the issue was on Spypoint's end, nothing wrong with the camera itself. They got their issues fixed and it has worked perfectly ever since. I would buy it again, assuming there aren't recurring issues like I had at first. I currently just have the free plan (100 pics a month) and use it as a security camera at home for now, and will get the 3 month unlimited plan and put it in the woods before deer season.

I've never had any other models before so I can't compare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom