Cert granted in Chicago gun case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the strict gun laws in Chicago are overturned, that city could turn into a real nasty and violent place.

Turn into a real nasty and violent place? Chicago has always been such, in some places, very pertinet places. I was with the US Army, in the early part of 1970 in Chicago of all places, nothing has changed since then and it will take decades for it to change, that is, cleaned up if it is even possible. When I was there, the blue collar workers thought the sun set and rose in the first Mayor Daily, and I have no doubts it is still the same with junior, thanks to labor unions, etc. You just can't change that place in a few years, or decades. We never wore military uniforms, always civilian clothes, but that is another story. Chicago may be the most corrupt area of these United States. Just my humble opinion from an ol guy.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, We will lose this case 5-4. Had this been any other town in America, I would say we win, 5-4. Since this is the "hometown" of BHO, that is worth a swing vote to his agenda. The question remains, who is going to be the one who folds?

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With respect, I expect a 5-4 in our favor. I don't see how they can rule any other way after Heller, and many legal analysts I've been reading are saying the same thing. Kennedy was pro individual right, and if there was a "swing" vote for guns, he's it. That's 5 votes for individual right in Heller, this one is whether to incorporate the 2A against the States. I think we might be surprised at a 6-3 or 7-2 even, if the Justices concentrate on merely the incorporation issue. But more than likely another 5-4

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My concern is that Sotomayor will recuse herself from the case and that Kennedy will decide to swing the other way. This, to me, is the worst possible outcome, because if there is a 4-4 tie in SCOTUS, they basically act like the case never happened. The circuit court's ruling is what stands, and there is no SCOTUS opinion on the matter. We then have to start all over and build up a different case. While this may seem easy now, all of the cases currently waiting, such as Nordyke v. King in the 9th circuit, will probably go ahead and make their decision, and we'll have to wait for a whole new batch of gun-banning metros to be challenged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom