Channel 7 news KSWO Firing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, and there weren't no I don wanna go ta work today cause it might snow. Animals needed to be checked on and fed every day. Ice had to be chopped out of the pond every day. Water and feed and alfalfa had to be carried to the trough every day. Usually the calving season was in the winter for some strange reason. I've pulled calves in a blizzard in a snowdrift. I've worked 2,000 head of cattle in a squeeze chute. Damn city slickers don't know what real work is. Pffft!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you guys probably already know this so why did nobody tell me?
My girlfriend has landed on her own feet in Denison, Texas. Head meteorologist down there at KTEN.
I'd guess she got the long end of that stick.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you guys probably already know this so why did nobody tell me?
My girlfriend has landed on her own feet in Denison, Texas. Head meteorologist down there at KTEN.
I'd guess she got the long end of that stick.

Nowhere to go but up as far as market size is concerned. Congrats to her on the getting the Chief Meteorologist position!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd forgotten about the "cotton pickin' mind" thing. I use that phrase myself, but given that all of the cotton pickers I know are a) white and b) related to me, anybody offended by that phrase are kindly invited to get over themselves.
My dad used to pick cotton. He didn’t have electricity and had an outhouse!! But I’m proud of my hillbilly heritage!! Your right though, plenty of white folk picked cotton. I’m so sick of hearing the word racism. It has no meaning anymore.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to be clear then......it's okay to identify as African American then?
I hate hearing “African Americans”. What if a black person is from Jamaica? Or England or any other country but Africa? I guess they are all Africans no matter where they come from. It’s just a PC word that just about everyone uses. Even the people on Fox and some conservative radio hosts use it. I had a friend that was black and would get mad if someone called him an African American. He would say “ I’m black I ain’t from Africa. “. By the way this post is in no way being a jerk. Just pointing out my disdain for the phrase. :)

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
100% agree. Blacks are now persons of color. WTH? IF... and I say IF... "persons of color" truly want to get rid of the racial stigma the first thing I would suggest is to quit referring to the racial infused naming of "persons of color", Black, African American, etc.
It's is just common sense to me. The only reason for a group of people to be named in such a way is for physical identification. In the 90's, some police departments were given instructions they were not to refer to suspects as such in order to be politically correct.

Can you imagine the Hue and Cry from the press if Trump said this?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate hearing “African Americans”. What if a black person is from Jamaica? Or England or any other country but Africa? I guess they are all Africans no matter where they come from. It’s just a PC word that just about everyone uses. Even the people on Fox and some conservative radio hosts use it. I had a friend that was black and would get mad if someone called him an African American. He would say “ I’m black I ain’t from Africa. “. By the way this post is in no way being a jerk. Just pointing out my disdain for the phrase. :)

Just like Kamala Harris squealing she is African American while her parents are from Jamaica and Pakistan. Obama claiming the same, never acknowledging his white half.
It’s politically expedient to identify as African American and insinuate you came up in the world from a rough life.
It was hilarious last night during the dim debates when Corey Booker claimed Joe Biden’s (obamas) policies destroyed his neighborhood.
Guess what, Booker is the son of incredibly wealthy IBM executives that lived in an exclusive NJ neighborhood with zero people living in poverty and less than 1% minority population.
How’s that for using poor disadvantaged minority’s to achieve your political aspirations?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was hilarious last night during the dim debates when Corey Booker claimed Joe Biden’s (obamas) policies destroyed his neighborhood.
Guess what, Booker is the son of incredibly wealthy IBM executives that lived in an exclusive NJ neighborhood with zero people living in poverty and less than 1% minority population.
How’s that for using poor disadvantaged minority’s to achieve your political aspirations?
Par for the course for a politician. Lying is part of the job description and no pol gets anywhere without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom