Cheap knives you actually like

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not long ago I lost another Kershaw Leek which is admittedly my favorite pocket knife of all time. Not wanting to throw away another $50-$75 on something I'm probably going to lose anyway I had the wife grab me a Walmart special "Ozark Trail" folding pocket knife for $5 I want to dislike it honestly & I try not to buy 🇨🇳 products because the quality in my personal experience is that they suck more often than not. Not so this far with this thing, it has stayed sharp no matter how much I've beat on it & abused it & it just hangs in there like a champ. I need to figure out how to remove the coating to hide the brand logo for my American pride. Anybody else stumbled upon in cheap knives that you're impressed with & you'd suggest. I'm always hunting another knife of all types

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_123129814.jpg
    IMG_20220212_123129814.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20220212_123136629.jpg
    IMG_20220212_123136629.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220212_123147950.jpg
    IMG_20220212_123147950.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 57

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Kabar Dozier folding hunters are $20-30
and awesome little knives. I have one in D2 and the base Aus8. I often grab the D2 instead of Bugout.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the Leek but it was so slim that I had a tough time holding it and closing the blade. I had a tendency to catch my finger or thumb with the edge of the blade. Still carried it with a suit or slacks on though.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not long ago I lost another Kershaw Leek which is admittedly my favorite pocket knife of all time. Not wanting to throw away another $50-$75 on something I'm probably going to lose anyway I had the wife grab me a Walmart special "Ozark Trail" folding pocket knife for $5 I want to dislike it honestly & I try not to buy 🇨🇳 products because the quality in my personal experience is that they suck more often than not. Not so this far with this thing, it has stayed sharp no matter how much I've beat on it & abused it & it just hangs in there like a champ. I need to figure out how to remove the coating to hide the brand logo for my American pride. Anybody else stumbled upon in cheap knives that you're impressed with & you'd suggest. I'm always hunting another knife of all types
I've bought several knives off of woot.com and/or found deals on spoofee.com before . . . meh.com and tanga.com will also have knives on sale some times I think. I've bought crkt, kershaw and ruger brand knives from one or more of those places before.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the Leek but it was so slim that I had a tough time holding it and closing the blade. I had a tendency to catch my finger or thumb with the edge of the blade. Still carried it with a suit or slacks on though.
You probably have man hands, I got hands like a 15 year old boy lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom