Check this out (Woodland Hills Mall carry incident)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
woodland hills can and will prosecute you for trespass if they find you carrying on their property.
the new fine is now $1500 I believe.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't they have to ask you to leave and you refuse before charges can be brought?
Under SDA, yes. But under trespass, no. Does a farmer have to ask you to leave if your hunting or fishing without permission? no, he just calls the cops or the game warden.
I think it just depends under which law they want to use to prosecute with.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officers are incorrect.

If someone will provide the TPD officers' names via pm or email, I will gladly discuss it with them, if I know them personally, or their supervisor if I don't.

As far as the county deputies go, contact the sheriff or undersheriff.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officers are incorrect.

If someone will provide the TPD officers' names via pm or email, I will gladly discuss it with them, if I know them personally, or their supervisor if I don't.

As far as the county deputies go, contact the sheriff or undersheriff.

Michael Brown

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Under SDA, yes. But under trespass, no. Does a farmer have to ask you to leave if your hunting or fishing without permission? no, he just calls the cops or the game warden.

But isnt the mall open to the public were as the farmers land is private. One is open to the public, the other isnt with out invitation.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The second part of your statement will be correct as of 11/01/11. However it only pertains to farmlands, pastures, groves, etc. when properly posted. Game wardens were warned of this issue a few years back when it became clear that the "written complaint" portion of title 29 did not equate with citation. Those who received citations for trespasssing on posted, rural land without prior written complaint could have contested and won their cases.

It does not apply to areas such as malls which are not farmland.

Until the law regarding non-rural, private property trespassing changes, you must be personally informed that you must leave either verbally or in written form. A general warning is such as a "No trespassing" or gunbuster sign in a public place is not sufficient to make a trespassing charge in Oklahoma.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom