Chicago Style Pizza OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t always agree with your posts, but you are spot on. I lived in Chicago for a short while until I missed my kids. There is not a place here that makes a Chicago deep dish. Not even close.
I dont know about Chicago style but the wife sure does make one helluva sicilian pie. With fresh garden veggies I'll eat it for dinner and dessert.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please describe Chicago Style
84F77DFE-2757-4E02-AF39-5165503E15F4.jpeg
919A3DDA-973D-4538-A521-35CFCA6B8FB4.jpeg

A picture’s worth a 1000 words. Sophabella’s pizza was the best! These pictures make me hungry!

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please describe Chicago Style
It’s basically a really deep dish that’s made upside down. The cheese is on the bottom due to the length of time to bake to prevent burning the cheese, then the meat or other ingredients and finally a thick sauce on top. One piece will dang near fill you up. Pretty thick.

Attachments

• 5348375F-6BE5-49F9-A01F-E024F5A42974.jpeg
    5348375F-6BE5-49F9-A01F-E024F5A42974.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay guys, tried the Pizza Corral in Elgin and I gotta say that’s the best pizza I’ve had since I’ve been here, thanks all for the suggestion. While deep dish isn’t on the menu they do make it and it isn’t expensive at all. No, it’s not Chicago but wife and I have a new Go To pizza joint now. 😁
On the bottom of the menu it lists the "Pizza Corral deep dish" as an option for crusts. Glad you enjoyed it!!!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$22-$25 a pizza isn’t bad at all. We’d get a large and I want to say it ran $37 but these things are so loaded it’s understandable. Literally one to one and a half slices and you’re stuffed.

bambihunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The place you were looking for is gone. Sophabella’s on May was the one and only true Chicago style pizza joint in the City.

My favorite eat in pizza is Papa Angelo’s in Bethany. New York guy with an attitude and an open carry pistol. Feels like I’m in an episode of The Sopranos whenever I eat there.
https://papaangelospizza.com/
Sophabella's was great. I miss them dearly!

Though not Chicago style, the best pizza I've found anymore in the OKC metro area is The Pizza Shop in tri-city area south of OKC off i44.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sophabella's was great. I miss them dearly!

Though not Chicago style, the best pizza I've found anymore in the OKC metro area is The Pizza Shop in tri-city area south of OKC off i44.
For NW OKC and NYC style pizza, we really like Danny B's on 164th and Rockwell. Their cream cheese and pepperoni pizza with some jalapenos added to it call to me. That may be a thing for lunch one day this weekend actually.

I do love a really good Chicago style deep dish, but it isnt really an option anywhere realistically close to us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom