Chuba The Chump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if Hallmark makes a card for this occasion where I can send him a thank-you for giving me my Saturdays back along with the $$$ I’ll no longer spend on season tickets after all the weasels masquerading as OSU leadership couldn’t bow down fast enough for this BLM a-hole?

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish him luck.
He’s going to need it if he doesn’t end up on a team with a similar offense that offers running backs the advantage OSU’s offensive style does. They won’t keep him on the payroll if he’s banged up and won’t play ‘cause it hurts mommy’.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know much about college or pro sports or this particular player.
But cynical old HFS figures the whole entertainment business (which includes "news" as well as sports) now works like this.
I suspect that a lot of "offended" people we hear about are just latching onto something to get their name out there in the headlines.
In this day and age with so much media talking heads 24/7 yowling, you've got to fight for attention and any publicity is good publicity.
So an entertainer may not be able to make many points on the field at their chosen sport (or an actor/singer who isn't really that talented) but they and their agents/advisors figure they're scoring brownie points with the powers that be (TV networks, executives of companies that offer endorsement deals, Hollywood studio bigwigs) who can help them in the future.
There are a few entertainers who get themselves cancelled for being offended but mostly it seems like a winning strategy or at least they have nothing to lose anyway.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know much about college or pro sports or this particular player.
But cynical old HFS figures the whole entertainment business (which includes "news" as well as sports) now works like this.
I suspect that a lot of "offended" people we hear about are just latching onto something to get their name out there in the headlines.
In this day and age with so much media talking heads 24/7 yowling, you've got to fight for attention and any publicity is good publicity.
So an entertainer may not be able to make many points on the field at their chosen sport (or an actor/singer who isn't really that talented) but they and their agents/advisors figure they're scoring brownie points with the powers that be (TV networks, executives of companies that offer endorsement deals, Hollywood studio bigwigs) who can help them in the future.
There are a few entertainers who get themselves cancelled for being offended but mostly it seems like a winning strategy or at least they have nothing to lose anyway.

I think there is some truth to what you say. I do however hope Chubby was just smart enough to finish his degree or graduate so he has something else in his arsenal when the football thing doesn't work out. Does he have talent? Of course. But if I'm an NFL scout I'm digging in to this chump. 1) Why was he so good in 2019 and then had such a terrible year in 2020. THe second, third and fourth string running backs had fantastic years. WHy the number one guy in the country flop so hard and then leave his team prior to the season ending. 2) Is he the next Colin Kaepernik? Becuase, if so, i either walk away from him or or have a special contact written for him related to potential outbursts and demonstrations.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Becuase, if so, i either walk away from him or or have a special contact written for him related to potential outbursts and demonstrations.
After the quick flash in the pan of the Harvey Weinstein story (funny how that went away), I read that some film and TV companies were OMG! wanting to going back to having a so-called "morals clause" put in entertainers' contracts.
In the old days, if actor/actress had a child out of wedlock, committed a felony, was a pothead, was gay/lesbian, etc, the Hollywood studios had the right to fire them for their "low moral behavior" that corrupted American society.
Supposedly the studios were trying to bring that back, but since this is the 21st century, only for allegations of sexual harassment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom