Does OKCPD Have Physical Fitness Tests Periodically.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy could handle it. He's got muscles in places nobody else has places.

mN9q0H7.png

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m overweight. Anyone that’s ever met me knows that. I was full time FD and worked PD at another city on my days off. I did what I had to do to pay the bills and it’s time consuming to go from one job to another. Eating on the run in emergency services is most times a necessity. Not the best food, but sometimes there is little time to stop and eat a proper meal. There were times at the FD the we would walk into the station at 0700 and had to go on back to back calls and didn’t get back till 0700 the next morning with no break between. Eight to twelve hour shifts at the PD driving from one call to the next. There were several times I had to work double or triple shifts cause the PD I worked for was short handed. I never complained about the jobs because I liked staying busy and helping people, but it does take a toll on the body.

I’ve tried several different methods of losing weight. Diets, workouts, bike riding, gym. Nothing seems to work.

My gym visits were depressing. No help or guidance to be had, no workout buddies, whispers, looks, pointed fingers and disparaging remarks from the gym rats don’t make gyms a place you like to return to.

Other people in your profession who point fingers and look down upon you because you don’t meet their standards of what you should look like in a uniform. Try to be supporting and encouraging instead of condemning.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy could handle it. He's got muscles in places nobody else has places.

mN9q0H7.png

His name is Ronny Coleman. He was ;(past tense), one of the greatest body builders of all time. Now he is a shell of what he was. His liver and kidneys finally fought back against steroid use. Pretty sad way to end a career. Narcissism has its costs.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m overweight. Anyone that’s ever met me knows that. I was full time FD and worked PD at another city on my days off. I did what I had to do to pay the bills and it’s time consuming to go from one job to another. Eating on the run in emergency services is most times a necessity. Not the best food, but sometimes there is little time to stop and eat a proper meal. There were times at the FD the we would walk into the station at 0700 and had to go on back to back calls and didn’t get back till 0700 the next morning with no break between. Eight to twelve hour shifts at the PD driving from one call to the next. There were several times I had to work double or triple shifts cause the PD I worked for was short handed. I never complained about the jobs because I liked staying busy and helping people, but it does take a toll on the body.

I’ve tried several different methods of losing weight. Diets, workouts, bike riding, gym. Nothing seems to work.

My gym visits were depressing. No help or guidance to be had, no workout buddies, whispers, looks, pointed fingers and disparaging remarks from the gym rats don’t make gyms a place you like to return to.

Other people in your profession who point fingers and look down upon you because you don’t meet their standards of what you should look like in a uniform. Try to be supporting and encouraging instead of condemning.

Much respect!!! When do you have time to sleep? I know a couple of LEO's doing the same thing except they are doing part time as EMT'S. Food on the go is usually not healthy at all. I used to do it until I had a heart attack. I hate gyms and try to do what I can at home.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

I don’t intend to condemn. I do think basic physical fitness tests should be a periodic requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Much respect!!! When do you have time to sleep? I know a couple of LEO's doing the same thing except they are doing part time as EMT'S. Food on the go is usually not healthy at all. I used to do it until I had a heart attack. I hate gyms and try to do what I can at home.

Sometimes you’re able to take short cat naps, sometimes not. The activity itself, especially fires will keep you awake. When you do get a day off, take the phone off the hook and go to bed. I think the longest I’ve slept was two days. And then when you do get up, your stomach is screaming “FEED ME”.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question is, the ones you are talking about, how long have they been on the job? The hiring standards are much stricter today. The hiring practices are not the same as they were twenty years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom