Does OKCPD Have Physical Fitness Tests Periodically.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don't disagree with ya 1 bit and know that point blank honesty today doesn't fly well, But I'll give you some of it.. It cost you $173.00 to save what 10-15 seconds, which backfired.. I'm not beyond speeding myself but in a short distance time saved is near nothing.. But you know this..:hey3: My patience level is not the best and my mouth behind the wheel is quite colorful.. $173 bucks is near 5000 rds of 22 or 1000rds of 9..

Never said I didn’t deserve a ticket and as a former long distance endurance motorcycle rider I’m well aware of speed vs time calculations. I honestly never saw the 25 mph sign and that’s on me. Kind of interesting the officer picked this stretch of road to run radar on a Saturday morning and I bet there hasn’t been a traffic accident on that stretch of road in a long time. I’ll send in the money and pay more attention next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never said I didn’t deserve a ticket and as a former long distance endurance motorcycle rider I’m well aware of speed vs time calculations. I honestly never saw the 25 mph sign and that’s on me. Kind of interesting the officer picked this stretch of road to run radar on a Saturday morning and I bet there hasn’t been a traffic accident on that stretch of road in a long time. I’ll send in the money and pay more attention next time.

TPD just came out and straight up said they'll be "randomly" watching all HWYs for the month of March. Sounds like a mandatory fundraising event to me.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
TPD just came out and straight up said they'll be "randomly" watching all HWYs for the month of March. Sounds like a mandatory fundraising event to me.

Must be because they stopped all other crimes so well in Tulsa and need something to do.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Once again, my intent is not to disparage Police Officers or the work they do. I do think there should be a physical fitness requirement though.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have relatives in law enforcement. I'm proud of them and the job they do. They work out religiously with weights, running and martial arts. My nephew was a swat team instructor, master breacher and bomb dog trainer while in the military even accompanying Obama on one of his Mideast visits. That boy eats and breathes being a cop. He has a good head on him and great common sense. He dislikes the over weight boys in blue mainly because of the image they project.

Sent from my SM-J737U using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, my intent is not to disparage Police Officers or the work they do. I do think there should be a physical fitness requirement though.

They have weight requirements in the Military. When Clinton was cutting the military to the bare bones, weight and physical tests were used in the Reduction of Forces.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I know, my skinny butt made the minimum weight/height ratio for USMC in 1975 by 2 pounds. I gained 20 pounds in boot camp and had a Drill Instructor skinnier than I was. We also had to pass a physical fitness test once every 90 days. OKCPD did as well when I applied in 1979 but USPS had better pay and benefits so the rest is history. I probably would have shot some dirtbag and got in trouble anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom