Does OKCPD Have Physical Fitness Tests Periodically.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm old and fat. And mean. And a good shot....

I’m old, skinny, and a bad shot. I doubt this guy is fast or accurate enough but I could be wrong. Hopefully, he never has to find out.

Are you saying you think Police Officers shouldn’t have to demonstrate minimal physical fitness to do the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this Lt, if he so chooses, can collect a nice salary and run radar in a 25 mph zone all day but is not required to chase anyone? Dang it, I knew I should have made a run for it.
I support law enforcement and couldn’t do the job for one day without getting myself in trouble but what happens if he stops someone and ends up in a fight for his life? I guess he may be tougher than he looks or hopes backup can get there quickly. Hopefully, the backup won’t be his buffet buddy. Seems like there should be some kind of minimal physical fitness requirement for his own safety and that of his fellow officers.

There should be, BUT, if your not chitten yella than you should be aware of how the world or how "we" operate.. Honest politicians, Morally upstanding educational personal and so much more.. The good ole boys club which operates country wide, You haven't experienced it ? The fact that the fellow was older made your experience better, if he had been a newbie type then you "may" have drove away with a sour taste.. Run for it, LOL, you can't outrun a radio..

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There should be, BUT, if your not chitten yella than you should be aware of how the world or how "we" operate.. Honest politicians, Morally upstanding educational personal and so much more.. The good ole boys club which operates country wide, You haven't experienced it ? The fact that the fellow was older made your experience better, if he had been a newbie type then you "may" have drove away with a sour taste.. Run for it, LOL, you can't outrun a radio..

Well aware of how things are in the world today. I got stopped by a younger guy last year. His uniform was sharp, he was very polite, and he gave me a warning instead of a citation.
I realize I can’t outrun a radio was was just being sarcastic. I was speeding, I deserved a citation, and he was fine in our brief encounter. However, his uniform looked like he had slept in it and he was very obese. Maybe he’s earned the easier job after a long career of stellar service. I just hope he makes it to retirement and lives a great life. I was surprised to learn there was no physical fitness requirement once you get on the job. I’m sure that’s probably a result of affirmative action and other changes thru the years in what I affectionately call the wussification of America. Like I said, I couldn’t be a Police Officer for a day without getting myself in trouble so God bless him.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've also been caught in the 'revenue enhancement zone' on that access road by Sam's Club. I don't believe that there's another 25mph limit access road in OKC. The younger guy that stopped me years ago even admitted that's why he was stationed where he was...……...

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've also been caught in the 'revenue enhancement zone' on that access road by Sam's Club. I don't believe that there's another 25mph limit access road in OKC. The younger guy that stopped me years ago even admitted that's why he was stationed where he was...……...

Yeah, I could have used that as an excuse if I wasn’t going 42.......It was kind of hard to hear the officer though with cars up on I40 going for the new land speed record. I once had a Moore PD Officer tell me the chief wouldn’t allow them to run radar on I35 because it was too dangerous. Oh well, I was speeding and my $173 fine will help OKC build a new streetcar or Scissortail sculpture so it’s all good.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know after reading this thread I think y'all are on to something. I got stopped by an OHP up by Woodward. He cited me. I was speeding so no harm, no foul on the Trooper's part. I also got stopped out west of Guymon. I don't think the guy even gave me a written warning. I was MOST DEFINITELY speeding on that one...:blush:

The difference? The guy out by Guymon was young and into guns, we chatted about them for a bit. I also informed him on his choice of "hiding spots" was very good as he had a perfectly placed "dip" in the road to hide until it was just too late to slow before he had you. He kinda smiled, and said "yea, I know". The guy in Woodward was old. Hmmm...

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well aware of how things are in the world today. I got stopped by a younger guy last year. His uniform was sharp, he was very polite, and he gave me a warning instead of a citation.
I realize I can’t outrun a radio was was just being sarcastic. I was speeding, I deserved a citation, and he was fine in our brief encounter. However, his uniform looked like he had slept in it and he was very obese. Maybe he’s earned the easier job after a long career of stellar service. I just hope he makes it to retirement and lives a great life. I was surprised to learn there was no physical fitness requirement once you get on the job. I’m sure that’s probably a result of affirmative action and other changes thru the years in what I affectionately call the wussification of America. Like I said, I couldn’t be a Police Officer for a day without getting myself in trouble so God bless him.

I don't disagree with ya 1 bit and know that point blank honesty today doesn't fly well, But I'll give you some of it.. It cost you $173.00 to save what 10-15 seconds, which backfired.. I'm not beyond speeding myself but in a short distance time saved is near nothing.. But you know this..:hey3: My patience level is not the best and my mouth behind the wheel is quite colorful.. $173 bucks is near 5000 rds of 22 or 1000rds of 9..

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You know after reading this thread I think y'all are on to something. I got stopped by an OHP up by Woodward. He cited me. I was speeding so no harm, no foul on the Trooper's part. I also got stopped out west of Guymon. I don't think the guy even gave me a written warning. I was MOST DEFINITELY speeding on that one...:blush:

The difference? The guy out by Guymon was young and into guns, we chatted about them for a bit. I also informed him on his choice of "hiding spots" was very good as he had a perfectly placed "dip" in the road to hide until it was just too late to slow before he had you. He kinda smiled, and said "yea, I know". The guy in Woodward was old. Hmmm...

Could be. I figure by the time this guy pried himself out of his vehicle and waddled up to mine I wasn’t getting a warning.
Got stopped a few years ago on my motorcycle by a younger trooper. I told him about the pistol in my pocket and he joked “I’ve got mine in a holster let’s both leave them where they are at”. He then spent about 20 minutes chatting about motorcycles and gave me a written warning. Come to think of it, I’m kind of old and grouchy myself. I wish they would enforce the no texting while driving laws as well as they do that one stretch of road by Sams.

Latest posts

Top Bottom