Church security team...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just turned 70 yesterday and when I was growing up you never heard of armed security in churches, cops walking the halls in schools or in malls......seems like times have really changed since I was a pup and not for the better.
. You forgot the students that attack and harm teachers-and if the teachers defends themselves, they are fired within a few hours. Meanwhile, the student and their parents files. lawsuit against the district, teacher and school, drop out of school or graduate with chair time and hit the streets tome an easy dollar or two mugging innocents.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you sir! I think that’s a great idea and respect your initiative.

I grew up in a church that wouldn’t even let you have your NCO sword inside for a wedding. The older I get the stupider I think that was.

These days, I find it much easier to dress around my carry on Sunday than any other day of the week ; )

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
again, respectfully, they are targets whether you feel good asking or not. It should be their choice.

You're absolutely right. This "idea" is still in its infancy stage. I'm just trying to weigh in with the men of the church and see how many are willing to start some training and learning how to properly use and conceal carry their weapon. Once I get some members who really show initiative, I'll bring the entire plan of action before the church in a Wednesday night business meeting and offer the ladies the opportunity to get involved as well.

My main reason for not including them from the git-go, is because this type of subject matter definitely has an R rating. It's not for the faint of heart which includes most sweet little old church ladies.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. This "idea" is still in its infancy stage. I'm just trying to weigh in with the men of the church and see how many are willing to start some training and learning how to properly use and conceal carry their weapon. Once I get some members who really show initiative, I'll bring the entire plan of action before the church in a Wednesday night business meeting and offer the ladies the opportunity to get involved as well.

My main reason for not including them from the git-go, is because this type of subject matter definitely has an R rating. It's not for the faint of heart which includes most sweet little old church ladies.

I hear ya. I’m just saying a lady who chooses to carry Monday to Saturday doesn’t lose her resolve on Sunday. Or perhaps shouldn’t in my opinion, but tmmv. But ultimately each person must choose for themselves.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. I’m just saying a lady who chooses to carry Monday to Saturday doesn’t lose her resolve on Sunday. Or perhaps shouldn’t in my opinion, but tmmv. But ultimately each person must choose for themselves.

He is talking about a "security team" at his church....Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where he said the ladies weren't allowed to carry??

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The disciples carried swords and when Jesus was arrested in the garden in an attempt to protect Jesus Peter cut off the guard malcus' ear. Jesus put his ear back on. So, if you use a firearm to protect a member and Jesus doesn't want the bad guy to die then He will bring them back to life. :)

The passage I used today was from 1st John 3:16-23. Jesus set the example of love by laying down His life for His children and we are to lay down our life for the brethren. I then stated that if someone came into the church to do harm then it is my job as their shepherd to protect them and a bad guy would have to go through me first. I may or may not carry in church. :)

I think all pastors should train and then carry in church. The pastor during the service has the best view of what's going on in the sanctuary.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is talking about a "security team" at his church....Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where he said the ladies weren't allowed to carry??
He didn’t, nor did I say he did. I was reinforcing that he might have female members who have made the choice to carry already other days of the week, so it might not be as touchy a subject for them as he assumes. GED is a good guy. I know he means well

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom