City Denies Man’s Claim After Police Shot at Him Mistaking Him for Christopher Dorner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all, but a lot of prosecutors are reluctant to tackle the bad cop issue in criminal court, particularly when their fellow officers are part of the prosecutor's team for all the other cases in their jurisdiction.
Which, I think, is part of the problem. Prosecutors, like defense attorneys, are officers of the court; they're supposed to be part of the "court's team," with a mission of finding a just result, not a part of the "police team," with a mission of putting somebody in jail. More than a few fail to make that distinction, though, either by honest misunderstanding or by ambition at higher office.

That's definitely not a police problem, though.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not too big on our whole judicial system, but hey, all I can do is complain....

There was a Senate Bill that made it through to the governor's desk that would allow Cities to take a dispute to District court instead of binding arbitration, but the governor did not sign it. I called, did you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom