City Denies Man’s Claim After Police Shot at Him Mistaking Him for Christopher Dorner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Southern California resident David Purdue has had his claim denied by the City of Torrance and the local police department after he was mistaken for ex-LAPD cop Christopher Dorner. Police were searching for Dorner after he allegedly went on a killing spree that left four dead, including two police officers and wounded three other police officers.

Purdue filed an excessive force complaint against the city after police crashed their vehicle into his and fired several shots at him. Purdue says police still shot at him even after he had been cleared as not being the suspect.

Despite bullets whistling by Purdue’s head, miraculously he was not hit, but today suffers from back pain caused by the crash. The injury has prevented him from returning to his job as a baggage handler at the LA International Airport.

Robert Sheahen, the attorney for the City of Torrance said, “Any loss suffered was unavoidable; the officers were just doing their job.”

http://www.infowars.com/city-denies...-at-him-mistaking-him-for-christopher-dorner/

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C'mon, Veggie - that's an infowars link. You need to put up something from the MSM before the OSA crowd will believe it.

It's a wonder that guy didn't get killed, but then from most news stories I've read over time, the LAPD apparently aren't the best shots.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
C'mon, Veggie - that's an infowars link. You need to put up something from the MSM before the OSA crowd will believe it.

It's a wonder that guy didn't get killed, but then from most news stories I've read over time, the LAPD apparently aren't the best shots.

But not Fox, because we get told that it's Right Wing, and not CNN because they're Left Wing.

Apparently you just can't believe anything anymore... :anyone:

Lobsterknuckles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope hope lawsuit judgement is VERY LARGE...

While that may be the case (I think those Asian women got around 2 mil?) isn't that ignoring the real problem? I mean, why should the taxpayers have to foot the bill for an obvious crime? The police officer(s) that shot at him should be tried for their crimes, we shouldn't have to pay for their wrongdoing. Is this going to be a civil suit now against the officers in question? I'm not asking you specifically, G2Go, I think your opinions on such subjects are always thorough and pretty spot on, so I chose to quote you. :)

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GTG: do you think the individual officers should pay for this, or should it be within the scope of their qualified immunity, and therefore dump the bill on the taxpayers (who, individually, didn't overreact and shoot multiple people in multiple incidents)?

Latest posts

Top Bottom