Civilized Man May Soon Revile Abortion as it Does Slavery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to play devils advocate (and I in no way support this) but how is that wrong? We are the only species that allows offspring to live on if they are deformed and can not function in our society. Would it not be more humane to allow these children to pass on at birth instead of living a life of struggle and saddling the parents with astronomical hospital bills only to have them end up in a home costing their parents or tax payers more money?

(Again, don't support this, just want to see where this discussion goes. For the record my sister had cerebral palsy. I spent quite a bit of time in the J.D. McCarty center in Norman for her neurological checkups.)

I'll play.

By this logic, a wounded service member would not have a rescue team risk their lives to save him. One of his buddies would humanitarily execute him on the field of battle or in the case of an entire unit, a sniper would perform the duty before he pulled back. Ambulance crews would carry pistols or just administer a a lethal cocktail instead calling in life flight. No need for search and rescue for disaster relief.

Might as well also consider putting down anyone with PTSD while you're at it. That's a miserable thing to endure.

Stephen Hawking? What did he ever REALLY do for us anyway?

Is that a hangnail?

Don't take this wrong. I'm not bagging on you at all. The problem is, who makes these decisions? Something about giving an inch and taking a mile comes to mind as well. What's a life really worth?

Just some things to think about and I firmly believe no on gets out of this life alive. If God wants to ring you home, well, that's a trip you are going to take without delay and there is nothing anyone else can do about it.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll play.

By this logic, a wounded service member would not have a rescue team risk their lives to save him. One of his buddies would humanitarily execute him on the field of battle or in the case of an entire unit, a sniper would perform the duty before he pulled back. Ambulance crews would carry pistols or just administer a a lethal cocktail instead calling in life flight. No need for search and rescue for disaster relief.

Might as well also consider putting down anyone with PTSD while you're at it. That's a miserable thing to endure.

Stephen Hawking? What did he ever REALLY do for us anyway?

Is that a hangnail?

Don't take this wrong. I'm not bagging on you at all. The problem is, who makes these decisions? Something about giving an inch and taking a mile comes to mind as well. What's a life really worth?

Just some things to think about and I firmly believe no on gets out of this life alive. If God wants to ring you home, well, that's a trip you are going to take without delay and there is nothing anyone else can do about it.

Those are all false equivalents. You are comparing people who have a chance to recover and lead productive lives vs my original argument for those who not live at all but rather exist without any cognitive capabilities. But this is part of the discussion because you are correct in one aspect, who makes that decision?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are all false equivalents. You are comparing people who have a chance to recover and lead productive lives vs my original argument for those who not live at all but rather exist without any cognitive capabilities. But this is part of the discussion because you are correct in one aspect, who makes that decision?

Not a false equivalent at all. Who is it deciding on one's quality of life? There have been a number of cases of those with "less than perfect" conditions that have been blessed and are a blessing to others. Some of those "less than perfect" individuals are even on the anti-abortion circuit explaining how they are grateful that they weren't aborted, even though it was an option when they were still developing in the womb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom