Closest I've ever come to thinking I might need to use my carry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have use a gun in this situation if I feared for my life and especially my wife and kid. BUT I think use of the gun could have been effective without firing a shot...I know dont pull it unless your gonna use it, bla bla bla but the drunk looking down the barrel of a .45 would have made him change direction and you know he's not callin the cops, hes going into flight mode with soiled drawers. He might have even crashed into the shore trying to flee which would have been justice enough for me.

This seriously crossed my mind....
It was actually my first thought. Stand on the deck pistol ready when he came around to let him know he just fawked up. In hopes he'd of done like you said and possibly learned a lesson.
I just have a hard time showing it and not planning on using it. It's just not me.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had people try to swamp me in my coleman canoe on the 4th of july at tenkiller.
I had a 4HP outboard on it and turned it off and hung onto the sides of the canoe while these guys in a huge ski boat made circles around me in verrrry deep water.. they gave up after 5 circles around me.

I puttered to the uncleared area and caught some nice catfish.
Never thought about harming them .. but i was alone and in my 20's.

Stick my wife in the middle.. different story..I will get your boat number.
But i do not have a cell phone so who or how do you call.

I do not carry either..
Maybe because i do not want the "man" to know any more about me than he already does.

You never know what you will do until that situation comes up.
I see no harm or fouls in what you think or did.

Now on to better things...

WHAT did you get while bow fishing?????? :)
Gar are some tasty critters..cooked like shrimp.
Carp in clear water are very tasty..Skin, remove red meat, filet , cube and freeze for 1 hour or so, then grind in meat grinder with small holes.
Make salmon patties from it...SOOOOO tasty.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AllOut I don't see where you did anything wrong man. Glad it was not me, I may not have been as controlled as you. Stupid drunks!

That's just it, I didn't do anything LOL
I sat on the deck watching the situation waiting to have to do something.
My thread is about what I felt I almost had to to, or that i felt it almost came to that point. A few guys don't feel it was close to the point of needing to use a firearm. Which is fine, but they weren't there either.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHAT did you get while bow fishing?????? :)
Gar are some tasty critters..cooked like shrimp.
Carp in clear water are very tasty..Skin, remove red meat, filet , cube and freeze for 1 hour or so, then grind in meat grinder with small holes.
Make salmon patties from it...SOOOOO tasty.

Good question!
This trip was for the girls, it was both their first times. They both shot fish and had a blast! My chick is dying to go some more.
She shot 2 gar, a buffalo and a quill back. Plus she pulled out of a few more buffs.
My buddies gf shot 3 buffs.
Not to mention it was a really slow night for fish.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's just it, I didn't do anything LOL
I sat on the deck watching the situation waiting to have to do something.
My thread is about what I felt I almost had to to, or that i felt it almost came to that point. A few guys don't feel it was close to the point of needing to use a firearm. Which is fine, but they weren't there either.

I gotta keep BB off that damned kindle .............. :grumble:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
The only problem with showing a firearm before you plan on using it in this situation is, you could have easily had 3 or 4 pointing back at you. Add alcohol to the situation and it could turn very ugly very quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom