CMP 1911s are back up for purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked the CMP page for this yesterday morning and didn't see this. Thanks for posting!

For anyone interested in a real piece of American firearms history, I highly recommend putting in your packet. It's a pretty painless process and in my experience the CMP under-promises and over-delivers in terms of the quality of their guns.

I put my packet in as soon as the program was announced. My number didn't get selected in the first round but did in the second. It took exactly two years from the date I submitted my package until I got my gun. It was worth the wait.

Here's a couple of pictures of the Colt I got and what it's capable of. Not bad for a 77 year old working gun:

CMP 1.jpg

CMP 2.jpg

Colt 6.jpg

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of, I’ve always lived in the country so I’ve never needed to join a club to shoot.

Can anyone recommend one of the “open” clubs that are out there with low cost absentee memberships so I can meet that part of the requirements? That’s the only one I’m missing.
GSSF is CMP certified, or it was, better double check. It's $35 a year and you also get one Glock a year at L.E. pricing.
Edit:
https://gssf.pro/gssf-ispart-of-the-cmp/GSSF is Part of the CMP
The GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation is affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Our members can continue to take advantage of this program. Please contact us for our affiliation number.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GSSF is CMP certified, or it was, better double check. It's $35 a year and you also get one Glock a year at L.E. pricing.
Edit:
https://gssf.pro/gssf-ispart-of-the-cmp/GSSF is Part of the CMP
The GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation is affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Our members can continue to take advantage of this program. Please contact us for our affiliation number.

Gracias

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of, I’ve always lived in the country so I’ve never needed to join a club to shoot.

Can anyone recommend one of the “open” clubs that are out there with low cost absentee memberships so I can meet that part of the requirements? That’s the only one I’m missing.

Garand Collectors Assoc - $25.00/yr
RWVA/Appleseeds - $25.00/yr

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I own exactly 0 1911s and am pretty out of the loop, but isn’t $1200+ a little high for a used 1911? I just think of the weapons we were issued during OEF, and have a hard time imagining getting premium prices for the vast majority of the weapons I saw/handled.

These are actually bargain prices for these guns. I'd say they're generally right around 50% of current market value. Of course, that'll vary somewhat depending on the gun and condition but overall I'd say that's a pretty good estimate.

The prices have gone up by about $200 for each grade since the first two sales cycles. Still a bargain for a USGI issue 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom