CMP 1911s are back up for purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of them i've handled have been rebuilt after every major conflict. contain no matching parts, and are loose as a goose. Those 4-500 dollar imports are better shooters. For collectors your better off sinking you money into lugers ,p38 and broomhandles, radoms, lahti's .

This is my issue with the price tag. I've bought Garands through the CMP that were absolute bargains, functioned flawlessly.

The 1911s aren't in top shape from what I've seen. Yeah, there's history, to be sure - but not sure a mismatch like that is worth the cash.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again... You may not like them. They may not be worth the price to you. But the gun world in general completely disagrees with your assessment on condition and value.

Have you seen one of the CMP guns? Have you shot one? Do you own one? I have and I do. And I've seen several others. I've only fired mine but it shoots quite well. Pretty much as good as I can possibly make it shoot.

And if they were in top shape and not mismatched the prices would be 3 or 4 times what they're asking. Right now, on the resale market, they're bringing roughly double what CMP sells them for, in general.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again... You may not like them. They may not be worth the price to you. But the gun world in general completely disagrees with your assessment on condition and value.

Have you seen one of the CMP guns? Have you shot one? Do you own one? I have and I do. And I've seen several others. I've only fired mine but it shoots quite well. Pretty much as good as I can possibly make it shoot.

And if they were in top shape and not mismatched the prices would be 3 or 4 times what they're asking. Right now, on the resale market, they're bringing roughly double what CMP sells them for, in general.

Seems like I saw a Singer in an auction that was bid up over 1/4 million bucks when I looked and there was a couple days left in the auction. Don’t remember where I saw it, but holy hell, that’s a poop ton of money for a 80 yo pistol.

I’d give 1000 bucks for one from CMP, but I’m out on the $2500 aftermarket guns. No thanks.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's your number? Just curious...

And it'll be worth the wait. Mine was almost exactly 2 years to the day from when I submitted my packet. I got my RNG after just a couple of months...it was in the high 15,000s. So I didn't get my gun the first go round. But CMP called me nearly 2 years later and gave me a choice of which grade gun I wanted. Then they shipped it out within just a day or two.

Make sure you don't ignore phone calls with odd area codes! I almost didn't answer because I didn't recognize the area code of the call.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's your number? Just curious...

And it'll be worth the wait. Mine was almost exactly 2 years to the day from when I submitted my packet. I got my RNG after just a couple of months...it was in the high 15,000s. So I didn't get my gun the first go round. But CMP called me nearly 2 years later and gave me a choice of which grade gun I wanted. Then they shipped it out within just a day or two.

Make sure you don't ignore phone calls with odd area codes! I almost didn't answer because I didn't recognize the area code of the call.

It's low 30,000's. I'm told they didn't start over with numbers and continued on, but who knows what number they started with for round 3.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL... No...I mean I thought they might've started over with the numbers for the 3rd go round.

That’s what I meant too. If they started at 1 for the 3rd round I’ll be a faded memory by the time they get to me. In other words; my number will have been up for a long time before my number comes up. So to speak.

My FFL friend’s number in Round 1 was 1500 something or other. He got a really, really nice pistol. All the parts don’t match company of manufacture, but the thing doesn’t look like an 80 yo pistol.

If what I was told is right they don’t hand out the best ones of each grade first, it’s just kind of a “it’s this one’s turn to get shipped, slap a label on it and give it to the shipper” deal. We’ll see.

I’ll choose the highest grade still available. I’ll run a couple mags thru it and it’ll go next to the Garand and I’ll pull ‘em out every couple years as long as I’m able and shoot ‘em a little just for shits and giggles.

You shoot yours very often?

Latest posts

Top Bottom