Coat help needed please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My time in Korea at 4000' altitude where temps dropped to -75 at times(I won't bore you with the wind chill factors) we had battery powered suits to get from the barracks to OPS. They were always plugged in with wet cell battery packs that warmed water and circulated it through out the suit.

With the 50-60 mph constant winds we had to use hand lines to get back and forth. The 100 yd distance could take 1/4 hour at times when fighting the wind. Our high temps was on july 4. A balmy 34 degees f.

I can't imagine how many layers it would take to insulate against that.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not so much the temp in this state that kills us, it's the wind... Windproof is the number one requirement on the short list. Even a light fleece can keep me toasty so long as the wind doesn't pierce the shell.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to admit when I first saw this thread I just glanced at the title and thought it said, "Goat help needed please"

No need to bore you with the details of my first thoughts. :nono2::nono2:

The second was "Oh God, what do they want to legalize now?"

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then why did you bring it up?

;)

It was just one of those horrible thoughts that passed thru my mind. I could not help thinking someone here tried to "stump break" a goat and had some kind of trouble beyond the obvious mental condition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom