Coat help needed please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carharts are good.
If you can find a Rifrigiwear, they are awesome. They are used by people that work inside of freezers, like BlueBell ice cream.

Edit; Refrigiwear is on sale 25% off till monday! Google it.

Last edited:

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carhart.... Great overall coat. Plenty warm especially if you layer properly and tough as nails. Unless your in construction or another trade one should last ya a long time

North Face ... Get one that has a zip in liner and it will be quite a bit warmer then the Carhart. Sheds water well. Durable especially for the average joe but not in league with a true work jacket like the Carhart

Dewalt / Milwaukee jackets.... These are newer to the market. The DeWalt I've heard is very like the Carhart in durability these jackets are heated ( three zones ). You put in a battery like the ones they have for their drills and they claim 7 hours of heat. This will be the hotter out of the group. Prolly pretty nice to have if you are at a game and sitting not building up a sweat. An added bonus for the deWalt is that it also has usb charging ports

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those DeWalt battery powered heating coats sound cool, but I'd be hesitant:
1) When the battery dies, the coat doesn't look very warm. It looks like a full charge last about 3.5 hours, which isn't very long for a football game.
2) Not machine washable
3) They cost like ~$150.
ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41Fe7prSrnL.jpg

Carhartts are pretty warm, but layering is the key here. Instead of one really expensive coat, you can do better with a cheap fleece vest and a hard insulated shell.
If you wear thermal underwear, canvas pants, a fleece vest, and a Carhartt - you're not cold. Mark it down. Spend the money you save on a hat, gloves, and earmuffs. Smile the whole time.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those DeWalt battery powered heating coats sound cool, but I'd be hesitant:
1) When the battery dies, the coat doesn't look very warm. It looks like a full charge last about 3.5 hours, which isn't very long for a football game.
2) Not machine washable
3) They cost like ~$150.
ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41Fe7prSrnL.jpg

Carhartts are pretty warm, but layering is the key here. Instead of one really expensive coat, you can do better with a cheap fleece vest and a hard insulated shell.
If you wear thermal underwear, canvas pants, a fleece vest, and a Carhartt - you're not cold. Mark it down. Spend the money you save on a hat, gloves, and earmuffs. Smile the whole time.

I have a Dewalt heated jacket. Mine is different than the one pictured. I have the camo version which is a bit of different style. Stays warm for awhile, and is plenty wam without the heat. I do have extra batteries though

The style shown is very similar to a Carhart in construction and warmth with out the heat. I've worn a friends for awihle. The one shown is about $150. Mine is $200 , but I traded it out for some work or probably wouldn't fork out the dough for it. With that said, I'm happy with it.

It is only hand washable though.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cathart artic jackets are about parka length. They have a snap or zip on hood. One will last you 20 years of wearing to a sporting event. I have had one for 10. Still looks new maybe a little faded but new for the most part. It is too warm to work in or hike or hunt. So it is just worn to things like sporting events where we will just sit or stand for long periods of time. They are also a little bulky if you intend to be active. Good luck with your search.

Latest posts

Top Bottom