Colt Commander Government??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like a full size gov't model to me. The commander is smaller, even I know that! I was fixing to say who still carries M-16A1's but It doesnt surprise me if a small time PD would have one or two.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After a quick web search by his name, he's not very popular in his area. But, as been said before, never argue with an idiot! It just really pisses me off when someone "knows their weapons" and is so so wrong!

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets look past the actual manufacture of this particular firearm. I am more interested in the question, did Colt ever make a "Colt Commander Government" firearm? Although its a moot point, because even if he is the Chief of police, I don't think Colt ever made such an animal. That, on top of his rude responses, higher than thou attitude, and the general feeling from those in his city (based on a web search) leads me to believe he is just a common idiot that thinks he "knows his weapons".

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never heard of a Colt Commander Govt. I have been a big fan of 1911's for many years. I am pretty sure that pistol is a WWII era 1911a1. Proof mark is below the mag release and it looks as tho there are inspector marks below the slide release. It has the safety, trigger and mainspring housing type that was used during WWII era pistols. The guy has no idea what he is talking about, but that is nothing new in the world of firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom