com ere deer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always done salt, mineral and Di-Cal mixed in the dirt in the spring and summer for antler growth. In the late summer when they slow down on the salt licks I dump molasses on them, salt and mix in. they'll dig the ground up for the sugars in molasses. it's pretty cheap if you can find somewhere to buy it by the drum. a drum lasts me for a full year for about 60 bucks.
tried some of that Bonedemonium stuff they make in Stillwater. Pricey, and the first deer that finds it will clean up the whole 8 lb/$20 sack. supposed to keep putting out more everyday till there's some left, but I gave up the first day, too rich for my blood.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Try some Bonedmonium.. Its expensive, but if you feed corn in piles pour about a Eskimo Joes cup of it on your corn and mix it up.. put that next to your regular corn pile and see the results.. I made the mistake of pouring out the whole bag near a stand I was hunting, I came back the next day an all there was was pawed up dirt.. its good stuff

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always done salt, mineral and Di-Cal mixed in the dirt in the spring and summer for antler growth. In the late summer when they slow down on the salt licks I dump molasses on them, salt and mix in. they'll dig the ground up for the sugars in molasses. it's pretty cheap if you can find somewhere to buy it by the drum. a drum lasts me for a full year for about 60 bucks.
tried some of that Bonedemonium stuff they make in Stillwater. Pricey, and the first deer that finds it will clean up the whole 8 lb/$20 sack. supposed to keep putting out more everyday till there's some left, but I gave up the first day, too rich for my blood.

For whatever reason, the deer in my area don't like moleasses. I have several gallons in the barn as we speak, that I was putting out on the ground, and in piles of alfalfa hay, and on stumps, and so on, and they just wouldn't touch it. I know it works in other areas, so maybe the deer in my area have enough food they don't crave it?? I don't know...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For whatever reason, the deer in my area don't like moleasses. I have several gallons in the barn as we speak, that I was putting out on the ground, and in piles of alfalfa hay, and on stumps, and so on, and they just wouldn't touch it. I know it works in other areas, so maybe the deer in my area have enough food they don't crave it?? I don't know...

They don't like salt either....but I guess having land on the salty fork of the Arkansas river takes care of that for them.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used it two seasons ago and was not impressed. Had some left over this year so I got some buck jam, poured it on the side of a tree or stump, then sprinkled a little c'mere deer on it. Still didn't seem to attract the deer all that much.

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried cmere deer and acornrage both this last season. They didn't even bother with the cmere deer. Watched a couple does stop and sniff at the acornrage but then just walked away. That was the first and last time I've ever tried attractants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom