com ere deer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have found that the most effective bait can be fresh dirt and salt! something about deer just LOVE fresh dug up dirt. My favorite setup is a creek or canyon bottom along a feeding /bedding trail and in a good opening go dig up about 5 square yards and in the middle of this take post hole drivers and bury salt about 6 inches deep with a little seen from the surface. it should look like pigs rooted up the spot when your done. if needed i can do this and show pictures

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried it last year, the deer just walked right on by. The hogs liked it more than the deer, but they like just about anything.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found that the most effective bait can be fresh dirt and salt! something about deer just LOVE fresh dug up dirt. My favorite setup is a creek or canyon bottom along a feeding /bedding trail and in a good opening go dig up about 5 square yards and in the middle of this take post hole drivers and bury salt about 6 inches deep with a little seen from the surface. it should look like pigs rooted up the spot when your done. if needed i can do this and show pictures

I think there is something to the fresh dirt idea. Everytime I clear a spot on my dozer the next day there are deer tracks everywhere. I thought maybe it was just at my place. I took my dozer to my Mom's house and cleared a couple areas and the next day there were deer tracks there also. That was before I planted anything and hadn't put out anything to attract them.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes I will provide the spot too.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to like Hank Parker when he had just a fishing show. When he started as pitch man for c`mere deer I lost interest in watching any of his shows.

I have never used any of it, so I dont kow how it works, but IMO alot of that stuff is snake oil, so to speak.

Note, not a flame on anyone who wishes to use or does use that or any other product ment to lure deer into a area, so dont go there.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
com ere deer did not work for me either. Tried it in two different spots with no luck. The corn was long gone and the com ere deer was still there. It is like many of the other products that i have tried and found that corn is still the best. I would like to try the rice brain and another product called deer blitz or deer magic. I have heard that it is a deer magnate. Than again so was the rest of the stuff.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm with the others on dirt attractant. A new pipeline went in on the family land and it drew deer away from trails and areas that they used for years. Then when the new growth grass started it really got the deer on it. Plus it was the best shooting lane ever!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They put a pipeline across me last summer. Its only about 80 yds long across a finger of land, but like you said, it makes a good shooting lane. In fact, that is where the bearded hen I got with the bow came from.

One of the best things to do is brush hog or burn some areas, and the deer come to the fresh browse like no other. Doesn't help in the winter time though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom