Computer question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the mean time, I will keep trying to get into your old system. If it had a dvd or cd player I would have been in days ago but I can not get it to boot from the USB drive.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That I'm not sure of yet. Let me read Rick's book ... And check with Amy. I know she is doing fed contracts, so ... I'm not sure I want to fiddle with those so probably just free-lance document review for legal departments. Unless something else catches my eye -- there are some corporate hospital jobs posted that intrigue me.
I do medical from home, sort of like coding but while the patient is still in the hospital. We look for potential problems with the documentation and try to get it answered while the patient is still in patient. You have to be a nurse or in my case an RT to do it though.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do medical from home, sort of like coding but while the patient is still in the hospital. We look for potential problems with the documentation and try to get it answered while the patient is still in patient. You have to be a nurse or in my case an RT to do it though.

The stuff they would have me looking at would be claim related -- looking for ways for the hospital to paid ... Or to not pay ... Depending on the facts of the potential lawsuit.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the mean time, I will keep trying to get into your old system. If it had a dvd or cd player I would have been in days ago but I can not get it to boot from the USB drive.

That is so strange to me ... And I have no clue what happened. It was fine one day ... Then a couple days later ... Nothing. 😣

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is so strange to me ... And I have no clue what happened. It was fine one day ... Then a couple days later ... Nothing. 😣
Probably a Windows update. They have been known to do weird crap to computers. If we could find the password it would start right up now. I am going to try again later in case I miss-typed it or something.

ynotaz

Marksman
Reaction score
An HDMI splitter will not let you run separate programs on separate monitors. The computer must be aware of 2 monitors, which is not the case when you simply split one output. As was already mentioned, look at the back of your video card. If there are multiple output connectors like SVGA and HDMI you should be able to run 2 monitors by running 2 cables.

You can replace the video card for about the same price as a good splitter if you are not concerned about high end graphics, motion for gaming, etc:

Graphics card

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably a Windows update. They have been known to do weird crap to computers. If we could find the password it would start right up now. I am going to try again later in case I miss-typed it or something.
You could always pull the drive and throw it in a working puter to backup the files then wipe/reload.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven’t read all the posts just going through page 2.
HDMI is a single input for whatever device one wants to enter into.
We have plenty of options at home but on the road in the RV we have to be selective.
90% of RV parks have insufficient WiFi to support streaming even with boosters becauuse they don’t understand bandwidth.
So we utilize WeBoost that is a signal boost, not WiFi boost to create a hotspot for streaming on the TV.
If the WiFi is good we can stream from Amazon fire stick, google cast and other options.
Wife MUST have her TV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom