Concealed Carry Badge, what is your opinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I said he has a collection, well, he's got pics on his iPhone of these badges inside a glass case that is mounted on one of the walls of his living room. I feel that having a Conceal Carry badge is almost juvenile - like having a sheriff's tin star when you're 5 or 6 years old. But I wondered how other OSA members felt about it, because I see a lot of the badges being advertised.
I guess he needs a hobby and collecting badges is his hobby:screwy::screwy::screwy:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Badges! We don't need no stinking badges!

Beat me to it!

In addition to the very good LEO inputs, suppose you are in a convenience store when someone initiates a robbery and sees the badge. Guess who gets his a$$ shot off first if the robber is a little amped up.

This is stupid on so many levels, and pathetic on more. The instructor needs severe correction or to break his ties with whatever badge seller he is shilling for.

FAA Flight Standards Inspectors now carry badges to enable them to gain immediate access to accident sites. That is their only purpose. Prior to these being issued, some enterprising inspectors had generic badges converted to "FAA Inspector" badges. Took half a set of FAA earrings (yes, they really make these, and sell 'em at the Aeronautical Center bookstore) plus the inspector's ID (110-A) number. Management promptly said not to use these for obvious reasons. Friend of mine had one and got pulled over for speeding in Los Angeles. Thinking he'd get a little professional courtesy, he flashed his "badge." The CHP officer was a private pilot who was fighting a big enforcement action, and he threw the book at the unlucky inspector. Instant karma.

From "UHF:" "We don't need no steenkin' badgers!"

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell him this is more visible...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381588965180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381588965180.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 89

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the OP and his co-workers should all get these, and wear them at work when he's wearing his.

If "Prepaid Legal" is still around, and if they include criminal prosecution in their coverage, folks who flash one of these would be wise to sign up.

The creepy thing is, that some bad guys use these to get inside the defenses of the unsuspecting and, well--you know all that.

Again, stupid and pathetic. Add creepy and dangerous.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ha you can get them on ebay. I would rather see some of his shooting targets, of course after he shot at them.
What skills do you have other than an ebay purchase..

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/concealed-weapons-badge

This gives me a great idea. I should start selling my used targets on eBay to phony want to be LEO's with their CCW badges. Now they can be phony want to be sharpshooters to show off too!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of a badge he should wear one of those toy plastic fire fighter helmets with the flashing red beacon on top, complete with siren. Most annoying Christmas ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom