Concealed Carry Rights conundrum!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

av8r115

I'd say you did a first-class job keeping your cool and not forcing an escalation. Glad you posted this because I've thought of a lot of "what ifs" since I got my CCL, but I would never in a million years have thought of that scenario.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know you had a reasonable expectation of privacy in that stall. His creepy meat gazing most likely grow up to be a serial killer kid had no right to be peeping at you through the gap in a stall.

Kudos to you for keeping your temper. If I had avoided getting into a fist fight, I would have been tempted to do a legal pile driver on this guy. What a first rate douche bag.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first post on OSA.. so I'll step off into this topic.

I'd bet $100 that this guy wasn't a cop, a rental cop or even a wannabe.. he was probably one of those wacked Politicaly Correct metro-sexuals... that doesn't have any common sense.

I've had my CCL ever since it was passed.. about 17 yrs and have had several experiences with these kinds of nuts. If some stranger in street clothes walked up to me [without producing any kind of C.L.E.E.T. card & / or official badge] and asked if I had a gun... I would simply say "Nope". If he replied as in this cited case.. "My son said you had one".. I'd reply well he shouldn't be looking under stall doors, that could be considered a sex crime! Now, if you have a badge and ID then show it to me right now or else this conversation is done... and turn to walk away. If he puts his hands on you.. that is battery and act as you see appropriate to meet the situation.

The reason you don't tell anyone that you have a Concealed Carry permit in a situation like that is that it gives them reason to call the police. By telling this guy that you had a Concealed Carry permit he then would have had a reason to think you did have a gun on you and that his kid was right in saying he had seen it. Then when police show up, confront you, and you tell them you do in fact have a gun...this Wack was proven right.

I suggest that you NEVER volunteer info about your CC license or the fact you are carrying to people you don't know [don't trust] or have not proven to your satisfaction that they are law enforcement.. as there are way to many anti-gun people out there just looking for a opportunity to get someone's license taken away and give Concealed Carry / Open Carry a blackeye.

Same thing about 'Printing"... someone other than Law Enforcement asks if your carrying a gun because they or someone else thought they saw one under your shirt or vest... just say "Nope"! It is not a crime to deny it to anyone but Law enforcement. I know that lying isn't morally right and goes against our beliefs... but when it comes to Concealed Carry it can save you a lot of headaches in the long run.

Latest posts

Top Bottom