Concealed Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay folks had a chat with a fella last night about CC. He carries a old worn Rossi 357, he told me he has some real nice weapons but won't carry them. His reason is if he ever uses it then it may be years before he gets it back and he thinks the condition would not be the best. At the least it will have a case number engraved on it.

What do you think about his logic?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is he a friend of yours? A good guy? Hope that old worn Rossi works if he ever needs it. I'd only carry a firearm I absolutely trust to go bang if I want it to.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont even know his name.

My feelings are that if I need my weapon my last worry is what the police may do to my gun later, I would be mad it is was messed up but would just add that into the cost of my safety. Plus like most of us I have one more to carry, just one mind you. :)

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The chance of any of us having to use our weapon are is so small, Thank God, that I'm not at all worried about what will happen to my firearm. I carry my most reliable and favorite pistol.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So carry a gun you trust and can shoot well, but don't carry the gun your granddad gave you before he died.

Yup. I view my carry gun as a tool, not a toy or a keepsake. Currently it is a Glock 19, just like about a jillion other G19s in the world, and just like the one I can buy tomorrow to replace it if necessary.

Now BBQ guns are a whole different story! :-) :-)

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carry a firearm you trust to be able to keep you on the right side of the grass, vertical, and ventilating. It's all gravy after that even if you had to use Granddad's 1911A1 brought back from WW2 that will disappear into the "evidence locker". With proper performance, your assailant will end up on the wrong side of the grass and there will be no need to hold your firearm in the "evidence locker" for very long.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My gosh I'll carry something I can count on. If it gets tied up as evidence I'll get something else to carry while I wait. I feel like I should have a couple options anyway.

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Pistol is one that I like to carry and shoot. I've killed numerous Varmints with it. I didn't get it with the intentions of having to shoot somebody with it. I carry for safety against any animal that might hurt me. If it is a two legged animal, I would defend myself, or family, against it. Guns are replaceable.

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In one form or another I have carried under certain circumstances for over 32 years. I have unholstered 3 times when I thought it would be necessary and have had a few other times when I was ready to unholster. So far I have never had to go past ready. Hopefully it will stay that way.:osu

Latest posts

Top Bottom