Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI. If you happen to be one of their 12 members, give them a good griping out tomorrow.

View attachment 117699
what a bunch of dirtbags. I sure hope it passes and gets signed into law. I have some family members that want to carry but they don’t have the money to get the license. So basically if you are poor you can’t protect yourself. That is not what the 2A says. But when does that matter? It’s gets pissed on every day by our government.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
what a bunch of dirtbags. I sure hope it passes and gets signed into law. I have some family members that want to carry but they don’t have the money to get the license. So basically if you are poor you can’t protect yourself. That is not what the 2A says. But when does that matter? It’s gets pissed on every day by our government.

The .gov's all about taxing anything and everything they can - including inherent natural rights. Land ownership. Production and provision for your family. Hell, even breathing (i.e., Obamacare).

This is a step in the right direction, though.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying this at all.

Unless the gun they're wanting to carry was gifted to them, then apparently they had the money or the ability to save to buy the gun, which for a good ccw costs $250-$600, so the cost of the class $60 and the cost of the license $100 should be attainable.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We should do a survey and send in the results to the Senate as the Oklahoma Shooting Association in support of Constitutional Carry, I bet we have more members than the ORA.
This isn't really a bad idea. You're probably right. And I'd bet if we limited it only to average daily active posters we'd still beat them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying this at all.

Unless the gun they're wanting to carry was gifted to them, then apparently they had the money or the ability to save to buy the gun, which for a good ccw costs $250-$600, so the cost of the class $60 and the cost of the license $100 should be attainable.
It's $225 for a permit all said and done but I dont wanna split hairs.
So case in point, a broke man living on SS owns a gun his dad gave him 40 years ago and he decides he'd like to carry it for self defense but he cant afford the permit on his $1200 a month income.
Cost of the gun isnt an issue. And this is the case a LOT.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's $225 for a permit all said and done but I dont wanna split hairs.
So case in point, a broke man living on SS owns a gun his dad gave him 40 years ago and he decides he'd like to carry it for self defense but he cant afford the permit on his $1200 a month income.
Cost of the gun isnt an issue. And this is the case a LOT.

If you'd read my post again, I said "unless the gun they're wanting to carry was gifted to them"

Latest posts

Top Bottom