Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh wait, does it have to go to Senate next??

It originated in the senate but it has to go back for another vote since it was amended in the House. Once the Senate hears it and passes the amended version of the house bill. This bill did not originally have Constitutional carry and several other provisions in the language but the house added the language to an existing bill.

So now the senate has to basically vote on the new language (for constitutional carry and other things)

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might be crazy, but I bet this is a political move to get republicans to the polls in November to overcome the teachers that will be voting for democrats. The same time we vote all these guys back into office and vote in a republican governor, we get constitutional carry.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Near as I can tell, here's the "meat" of the amendment:

Section 1272.
UNLAWFUL CARRY
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, (etc. etc.) ... except this section shall not prohibit:
6. The carrying of a firearm, concealed or unconcealed, loaded or unloaded, by a person who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, or eighteen (18) years of age but not yet twenty-one (21) years of age and the person is a member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces, the Reserves or National Guard or was discharged under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard, and who is otherwise not disqualified from the possession or purchase of a firearm under state or federal law and is not carrying the firearm in furtherance of a crime.

It still prohibits carry in certain places, and if you've been convicted of certain crimes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom