*Controversial* Do not open if easily triggered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one time family makes an effort to get together that isn't a funeral.

What you want, I don't care, go for it.
I'm all for this part i tried for years to get my parents to just go for the getting together and having a meal together and enjoying everyone's company, I think the gift giving should just be for the emit family only cause most of the time everyone is competing against each other to see who could give the best gift and most expensive gift.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not EVEN finished with Halloween and here you go with Christmas trees! how about starting on Valentine Day and forget the tree part! Now you done triggered me and I'll be mean and nasty the remainder of the day. (Joke)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for this part i tried for years to get my parents to just go for the getting together and having a meal together and enjoying everyone's company, I think the gift giving should just be for the emit family only cause most of the time everyone is competing against each other to see who could give the best gift and most expensive gift.

Few years ago, we told our kids, Christmas was for grandkids.
We ended up with 12 grandkids. Told them 20 was it, they are adults. We hang their old, ratty stocking, they don't want new ones. Put something small and hopefully, thoughtful in it.
Last year, I was barely out of hospital, down with Fauci biohazard. Wif was sick, just found out about her cancer.
Didn't tell them anything, but the gifts were not expected. I managed to put some $$ in an envelope, stuck in box and filled with expanding foam. Best Christmas ever.
This year, we are both in a little better shape, have a great-granddaughter and will celebrate L I F E and family.

Bless everyone
Do it your way and enjoy

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to live in a neighborhood over 30 years ago that was big into Christmas lighting.
Big enough that busses from OKC and Tulsa would come and do the drive by, so we got into the spirit.
We were a corner lot with a privacy fence so I did a crap ton of lighting on the fence and lighting.
We would park the bass boat in front so I could build a santa using a fishing rod that moved up and down in front of the boat.
The neighborhood was full of engineering types so there were some highly sophisticated displays.
Moving to the isolated place we have now in the country, zero outdoor lighting.
Wife still gets into the entire Christmas decoration, so I have to spend an hour or so getting things out of the attic, and countless hours helping set up the displays, and "winter wonderland" atmosphere so we can have Christmas with the families.
She does a heck of a job getting it right, so I can't complain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom