Cop calls Constitution bullsh*t and illegally detains a man for LEGAL open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My only point is if open carry is legal for rifles, why jack with someone who is doing it. Make it part of the law that you have to have an ID on you.

It is against the law for felons to possess guns. Therefore, if you are in the possession of a gun no matter where you are, you must be able to prove you are not a felon. We could start branding felons..wait..

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the police officer should have demanded to search under the kilt LOL...You can open carry and AR15 in the BLUE state of Oregon but you can't here...most Republicans are just wolves in sheep's clothing here in 2015...it amazes me all the "pro-freedom" conservatives that rationalize people being harassed for legal activities. More than likely that officer (not all police) would smash this man's skull into pieces if some white-haired law maker in a suit told him to...reminds me of spike the dog (ruling class) and the chester the little dog (cop) jumping around trying to impress him asking him if he wants him to go beat up a cat (middle class tax payer) LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A police officer must have "reasonable suspicion" that
A: you are about to commit a crime
B: you are in the act of committing a crime, or
C: you have committed a crime

Assuming one is a felon is not reasonable suspicion in my book. YMMV

I am on the fence on this, I can see why some would think it causes negative affects for gun owners, but the guy was doing nothing wrong and had a right to walk away. His assumption was that the initial confrontation was Contact(not Detainment or Arrest). Being a ********* while practicing a civil right is not illegal...it's just not advised.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A police officer must have "reasonable suspicion" that
A: you are about to commit a crime
B: you are in the act of committing a crime, or
C: you have committed a crime

Assuming one is a felon is not reasonable suspicion in my book. YMMV

I am on the fence on this, I can see why some would think it causes negative affects for gun owners, but the guy was doing nothing wrong and had a right to walk away. His assumption was that the initial confrontation was Contact(not Detainment or Arrest). Being a ********* while practicing a civil right is not illegal...it's just not advised.

Oh yes, I totally see why some of these guys think it gives us all a bad name...but that is early 2000's think...in 2015, times have changed and we need people like this activist out there standing up for our rights...I would have agreed with some of these other guys here 5-10yrs ago, but middle class, law-abiding citizens seem to be the bad guy now and we are told by the gov't that the Islamists are all peaceful...what a crock...In my opinion, men like that officer would need to spend some time in a North Korean prison to realize the error of their ways...What these activists are doing is a form of protest...it is also a LEGAL & NON-VIOLENT, "extreme" form of protest...what a better way to oppose tyranny than to follow the law??? There simply is no justification for harassing people who did not break the law. The police are FURIOUS that open carry is legal and so they still find a way to take it out on citizens who do it. Meanwhile, that officer most likely has an M4 in is cruiser...and as for the felon thing, why should some non-violent guy who shoplifted or got a DUI 15yrs ago lose a Constitutional right? Some law makers are re-visiting that one as we speak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom