Corn/Feed Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy it by the ton and store in airtight 55 gallon drums in the fall.
What Dennis said!

Bought corn and all stock this weekend. $13/50lbs corn, $10.25/50lbs all stock. Bought 4 55 gallon drums and hope to fill this fall after harvest. If I had gotten it before ran out this year, it was $9/50lbs.

Jeff, if you want to look at this route, I found the good, clean drums for $25 each in OKC. They'll hold between 300-350 lbs each.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What Dennis said!

Bought corn and all stock this weekend. $13/50lbs corn, $10.25/50lbs all stock. Bought 4 55 gallon drums and hope to fill this fall after harvest. If I had gotten it before ran out this year, it was $9/50lbs.

Jeff, if you want to look at this route, I found the good, clean drums for $25 each in OKC. They'll hold between 300-350 lbs each.
I do open the tops occasionally on a warm day to allow moisture to escape.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if the grain has a proper moisture content when you put it in the bin it will keep. bugs will most likely get in it unless you treat it sometime. don't seal it airtight though. 15 percent moisture is what i would shoot for or lower

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why many people seem to be pretending they don't know why inflation is out of control! ANYONE that saw Biden get on nation wide TV the very first day he was in office, and publicly CANCEL ALL OF PRESIDENT TRUMPS POLICIES, AND EXECUTIVE ORDERS, THAT ALLOWED US TO BE ENERGY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50/60 YEARS, UNDER BOTH PARTIES LEADERSHIP, WITNESSED THE REASON! This move automatically gave OPEC BACK the power to set world oil prices, again! The US is the largest consumer of petroleum products on earth, and if WE CAN SUPPLY OUR OWN NEEDS, WITHOUT BUYING FOREIGN OIL, WE CONTROL WORLD OIL PRICES, IT'S THAT SIMPLE! IT TAKES THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF CRUDE OIL TO MEET THE WORLDS NEEDS, NO MATTER WHERE IT COMES FROM, RIGHT? So cutting back production, refining, transpotation, in the U.S. simply means it is increased somewhere else, right? If you think oil produced overseas is less polluting than oil produced, refined, and shipped in the U.S. you havn't thought this trough! Foreign oil must be transported by MEGA TANKER SHIP, and we all know just how safe that is, don't we? Not only that, SHIPS AND RAIL CARS must be loaded, and unloaded by hooking, and unhooking hoses, by hand, which is dangerous to the population, and enviroment! Shipping Crude Oil by Pipeline is MANY, MANY, TIMES SAFER THAN ANY OTHER MEANS OF TRANSPORT! Go to US DOT for FACTUAL INFORMATION ON THE SAFETY OF ALL THE MEANS OF TRANSPORTING CRUDE OIL! IF YOU WANT FACTS INSTEAD OF PROPAGANDA! OIL PRICES EFFECT ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ELSE, AND IS THE SOLE REASON WE ARE SEEING OUT OF CONTROL INFLATION RIGHT NOW IN OUR COUNTRY! TRY TO THINK OF ANYTHING THAT IS NOT EFFECTED BT THE COST OF OIL! SEE WHAT I MEAN, VERN? DEMAND FREE, FAIR, LEGITIMATE ELECTIONS, AND VOTE! OR WE GO DOWN THE TUBE LIKE VENEZUELA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom